Re: MT4 Tracker -- new tool for monitoring & pruning EA portfolio

I did get my data to load........  Thank you

What a huge contribution you have made to the EA Studio Community...... I know that I speak for all users, we really appreciate your efforts.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks for the good word -- appreciate it.

It is a small contribution compared to what I've gained from Popov's software and learned from this forum.

Now that the weekend has arrived I am getting to spend some time with this software.... Until now I had only a short exposure to it.

I am awed by the capabilty of the editor tools...

Most impressive this software

Thank you

The tool looks to be useful but it is not clear yet to me

1. Can I use this software using MT4 detailed statements only, which can be added one after the other?
2. Can I use the Collection File of Strategies made by FSB Pro straight?

Thanks

Thank you Sleytus for great tool! Just filtered out my portfolio in couple of minutes smile couple of months back tried to do same thing with myfxbook magic numbers...

Hi Irmantas

Do you use Collection File of Strategies made by FSB Pro straight?
What procedure you follow?

GD wrote:

1. Can I use this software using MT4 detailed statements only, which can be added one after the other?
2. Can I use the Collection File of Strategies made by FSB Pro straight?
3. Do you use Collection File of Strategies made by FSB Pro straight?

1. The input file can be either a Detailed Report or a regular report.
2. No. The application is used to monitor strategies that are currently trading in your account.  Some strategies work well, and other not so well.  But when you have many strategies running at the same time then it is very difficult to tell which are the good ones and which are the bad ones.  All the information is in the Report file that MT4 creates, but it does not summarize the results strategy-by-strategy.  Since each strategy has its own Magic Number, then MT4 Tracker extracts the information from the Report.  With this information you can remove or "prune" the poor-performing strategies.
3. It does not use a Collection file.  A Collection file is your library of strategies.  Rather, it uses the Report file from MT4.  The Report file is like your bank statement -- it includes information about all your completed trades.

Irmantas wrote:

Just filtered out my portfolio in couple of minutes...

I'm glad to hear it -- thanks for letting me know.  I also tried MyFxBook, but it really didn't do what I was looking for.  In addition, I didn't like that it uses an indicator and needs credentials to access your account.

I am stuck..... lol

I am looking at the  'Inspect Chart' page and I can not figure out how to change the  Magic Number so I can look at different ones....

Can someone explain how to access that number....

Thanks.....

I do not have enough trades yet to do effective pruning but from what I see so far...... this software is more than amazing.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I am stuck...

You are not stuck -- "Inspect Chart" works differently.  It simply allows you to scroll along the chart.  For example, suppose the chart is gradually increasing in a nice way and then there is a sudden drop.  I would want to know which Magic Number(s) were contributing to that drop.  So then I can scroll along the chart to that particular point and see who the culprits are.

But -- you bring up an interesting idea.  It would be very useful to be able to select (or enter) a Magic Number and see where it actually traded on the chart.  I will add that shortly...

sleytus wrote:
rantampla wrote:

...now it works fine...

Excellent -- thanks for letting me know.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I hope that will work ok

I found the parsing error -- an unexpected "Deposit" record caused the parsing to ignore everything that followed.  Not a big deal, just that in my sample .htm files I hadn't encountered that before.  When programming a parser one really needs to know in advance all possible inputs -- but that's hard to do in this case.  Over time as I collect more problematic .htm files then eventually the parsing should be sufficiently *robust* to handle all variations.

Here's a link to the updated version:

MT4Tracker_Setup.exe

Thank you. Is there also a download link on your website? Was not able to find it.
Regards.

christian.schuller wrote:

Is there also a download link on your website?

Yes.  From the top menu select 'Software Information / Downloads'.

Sleytus, please answer me in PM

thank you smile

haha  I am only a little bit thick....

I just used the slider and saw the ea number changing.... now I understand how it works....

In one of my EA's, almost every strategy is a loser. lol and the ones that are not losers, probably have no trades...., so I will just get rid of that one......... lol....

Thanks for your reply.

sleytus wrote:
christian.schuller wrote:

Is there also a download link on your website?

Yes.  From the top menu select 'Software Information / Downloads'.

Thank you. Sorry. Was too quick to wait for dropdown menu to appear. big_smile
Thanks!

rantampla wrote:

Sleytus, please answer me in PM

Sorry -- I don't understand.  What question are your referring to?  And what is PM?

I have you send in Forum a private Message

You can find that in your Member Menu smile

Got a warning from my anti virus... just checking ppl downloaded and installed without issues...

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

jimmydaytrades wrote:

Got a warning from my anti virus...

What kind of warning did it give you?  It would help to know what it is complaining about.

jimmydaytrades wrote:

Got a warning from my anti virus...

I downloaded the installation file and scanned it with Kaspersky -- no complaints.  The installation file that is stored on an Amazon server is clean.  Perhaps during the download it was infected by a virus that is already on your machine.

Which Anti-Virus software are you using?

My antivirus inspected the program and approved it.
I use Avast.
They seem to want to have a look at each new program that I install........ they inspect it and a couple hours later they send an approval.

47 (edited by GD 2017-06-28 11:34:55)

Hi sleytus

I have problems with your software

I attach you my statement. I receive error or nothing is shown.

ps. Blaiserboy, you made me to laugh a lot! They are afraid of terrorism! Take care.

Post's attachments

DetailedStatement.htm 36.45 kb, 15 downloads since 2017-06-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

GD wrote:

have problems with your software

Hello GD,
I looked at your *.htm statement and the reason why the application has a problem reading the file is because most of the trades do not have a Magic Number.  MT4 Tracker requires that all trades have an associated Magic Number.  I'll look at it some more, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

49 (edited by GD 2017-06-28 16:23:16)

Hi sleytus again, I understand.

Few questions

1. Order, Time, type, Size, Symbol, Price, S/L, T/P, Time, Price, Swap, Profit, Comment are the only fields necessary to be used?  Comment shows the Magic Number. I had it unchecked...

2. How many  trades with magic number at least your software needs to work? Only one is Ok?

3. If manual Orders exist, will not show anything in MT4Tracker?

4. Could you check please if Collection File (named *.col) of FSBpro can be used also by changing the input format in your software? Any idea?

Still my detailed statement with COMMENT ENABLE gives me error.

Thanks in advance

Post's attachments

DetailedStatement.txt 41.04 kb, 8 downloads since 2017-06-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

GD wrote:

Few questions

If the Report includes manual orders with no Magic Number then the software will not work.  *All* trades must be associated with a strategy (i.e. Magic Number).

A Collection is something totally different.  A Collection are the rules (and code) for your strategies.  A *.htm Report file is like a bank statement -- it shows the information of your *completed* trades.

A Collection file and *.htm Report are really quite different -- like comparing an airplane to a banana.

Here is a link to the online documentation for MT4 Tracker -- hopefully it will help:
http://mt4tracker.com/documentation/