Topic: Vps

hi,
please i need your help.
using the VPS available in the MT4 is limited to max of 18 charts... i need more (until Mr. POPOV implement the new feature to the FSB PRO).

what do you recommend as a VPS that could cover more than 18 charts, and reliable
i searched the threads..."socialvps.net" was advertising here, does anyone of you using it? reliable?
thank you

Re: Vps

VPS is a complex subject.

Some of them you have your own space and power.

Others are shared...... so that you may be experiencing reduced capacity if a lot of people are sharing the same facility.

I suggest that you check carefully as to what you are receiving.

There are different sizes, you may have to determine the size needed for your application.

A lot of research required!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks for the feedback
But can you name one! Based on an experience!?

Contabo.de

Very Bad. I have a Dedicated Server with 10 CPU and 256 GB Ram, 180 € / Month

With 10 MT4 big Problems, Errors and Restarts...

http://www.ultrafxvps.com/prices-and-order.html?affChecked=1&affp=all

I have the UltraFX HFT VPS

Very very good, never Problems or Errors, very very fast, it is only a VPS, but 10x faster then the biggest Contabo Dedicated Server.

Hope it help you.

Thanks a lot

I have arranged a small home lab in the cellar.

http://i65.tinypic.com/muh7jr.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/yl8p1.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/257khl2.jpg

2 CPUs, 16 cores, 64 GB ram, 6 hard drives in RAID arrays.2 independent internet connections 100 MBits each, 15 minutes work on UPS.

The server is designed to work as a Workstation with two monitors and I'm using it for developing the software. Also I have several virtual machines with MT and cTrader working on it without any problems.

But it is a little bit overkill to me to manage such system. If anyone is interested to it, I'm selling the complete set for 1900 euro.

For the trading purposes it is much easier to take a VPS from a hosting company. smile

Certainly the MT4 VPS is substandard.... no matter how much they tell you and lie to you. It will not do the job if you have a heavy load.

I was thinking of getting a VPS and my son is thinking of getting a larger computer to run stuff on... BUT  this EA Studio is changing the game... I am running 600 strategies on my old machine and it is hardly working... and I have three instances of EA Studio running.

Before making a monthly payment for VPS, perhaps think about getting a larger  or newer computer, it may be a lot cheaper in the long run.

If my son was here I would be showing him Popov's equipment as that may be what he wants or similar.

I've also recently gone the VPS route.  And it's true it is pricey and over the course of a year the cost may exceed that of a new machine.  But, in the end, what was important to me was the reliable Internet connection.  I mean, you could set up your own dedicated machine but then it really is only as reliable as your home or office Internet connection.  The main advantage of a hosted VPS account is you assume the rack computers at some data center in the clouds have a more reliable and faster Internet connection than at home.  Plus, they have additional software running that constantly monitors the status of each machine in the event it were to fail.

I've tried a few -- Amazon's EC2 (way to complex and expensive), Microsoft's Azure (easy, but also expensive).  I'm currently using VPS servers from GoDaddy, ServerPoint and A2Hosting (not just for MT4).  Depending on the plan, performance is similar and so far they seem equally reliable.  What I like most about GoDaddy is their customer support is really excellent and you can actually reach a human 24/7/365 if a problem occurs.

Wow, thanks for that reply full of goodies...

You are now the resident expert in VPS, there have been a few questions from readers over the past couple years and I have no clue as to replies and we have had to depend on Popov for answers....

Hopefully you will share your experience when questions arise.

Thanks again.

I am using a VPS as my power connection is not reliable, several blackouts per year. I would much rather use a setup such as Popov's, looks sweet!

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

Ae one time I was starting to want to use a VPS as I had many MT4 open, but then I decided to take a holiday for a few weeks and stopped trading.

Instead of rebuilding those old portfolios, I am going to work with EA Studio because it can operate with just one MT4.

I have more than 700 strategies on one MT4 at present and there is no load showing on my old machine....

Dave, the Portfolio Expert function in EA Studio is not designed to work on real accounts. There is a design problem that cannot be easily fixed. It will took me months to make a new app that will trade portfolios.

I have a Portfolio with 47 EurChf Strategies.

On Demo its work perfect.

It is not possible on live to test?

If it work on demo it will work on real too.

Okay, thank you.
It works fine on Demo.
I think i wait to End Month and when good, then i test it on Live Account smile

Popov wrote:

Dave, the Portfolio Expert function in EA Studio is not designed to work on real accounts. There is design problem that cannot be easily fixed. It will took me months to make a new app that will trade portfolios.

I didn't understand that...Mr. Popov said it is not yet for real trading, then in another reply said if it works on demo then it will work on real trading account!

Plz can you explain Mr. Popov if this function is working on real trading account?
Anyone tried yet or no?

Popov wants users to know that the app is not ready for real account trading and if someone undertakes to use it on a real account that he does not accept any risk.

He will be completing the app for real account trading some months in the future.

People can try to use it on a real account after they have done extensive testing... but that is at their own risk.....

He is saying that we can do whatever we want but that he does not stand behind the app for real account trading until he completes his work on the app..

Best to take the individual experts and work with those... IMHO

I will probably set up to trade on real account next week one day(at my own risk).

Great. Thx