forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → [Market is closed]

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: [Market is closed]

Hi users, i have a problem with ea's order: i have earned in first 3 month of 2017 with FSB EA's but from past week, in diary of mt4, i see "order sell market 0,05 USDJPY sl:..... tp:......"
                          "order sell opening at market sl:..... tp:..... failed [Market is closed]"
All of my ea now don't work. Any tips? i work with a VPS in daily timeframe.
Thanks

Re: [Market is closed]

You have to ask your broker, it is error originating from your broker not EAs. Some brokers restrict trading at day opening, low liquidity and so on, maybe a pure bug of MT (there was an update recently), so yeah, ask your broker.

ok, i ask. thanks footon. I will write when I know something, maybe it will be useful for other users. Regards

Broker does not find the solution, my idea is to modify the EA to allow them to open orders. Delaying the entry of five minutes is a good idea? Change broker means deleting all EAs, months of work.

Can you place an order manually?

Hello Popov, thanks for the reply. I have installed same EAs also on another 2 brokers (demo account) -> in **** works good but in ******** they do not work; i have opened (on my broker real account) a manually order 5 minutes after the failure of the EAs and was accepted.

You have to examine the situation on a Demo account until we find a solution.

I don't have an idea for a possibly reason for that problem. It looks like MT or the broker has a (possibly wrong) setting for "Market is closed".

Please try to install another MetaTrader from other broker on the same VPS and try one of your experts.
See if the failure has a connection to the change over to Summer time.

I opened another 4 demo accounts to see if the EAs work... the same EAs work on all account but not on my broker! I will leave a week to solve the problem otherwise i change brokers.

Update -> the problem is still here (error 132 from 00:00 to 00:05). It's possible apply the same solution?
  Https://www.currencysecrets.com/blog/2013/05/01/error-132-market-is-closed-pepperstone-at-1700-ny-est/ (I do not have pepperstone but another broker). Entry time indicator does not work for daily candles and I can not build expert advisor for daily timeframe

I've seen this problem -- "Market is closed" -- from time-to-time and today I decided to contact my broker to see if they had an explanation.  Here's the response:

Actually when liquidity becomes very thin and we are not receiving any quote/price ticks or market is not moving. Any pair will be greyed out and will not be tradable until the next quote/price tick is received. Liquidity becomes very thin usually at the end of the day.

Whether all brokers follow the same policy, I have no clue.  But this explanation makes sense to me and I appreciated they were honest about it.

So, the bottom line, the MT4 error message is misleading.  The market is not necessarily closed, but your broker has temporarily stopped trading a particular pair.  I don't think there is anything evil going on, just that the broker is protecting themself.

As to what we can do -- I don't know.  Perhaps Popov or one of the moderators has a suggestion.  For now, I'm not going to worry about it and I'm certainly not going to change brokers.

hi sleytus, for the swing trading strategies I solved the problem by constructing strategies without "bar opening" and "previous bar closing", as far as intraday trading is concerned, no problem, losing 2o3 operations per 100 per month is irrelevant.
regards

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → [Market is closed]