Topic: Dedicated trading laptop requirements

Hello traders,

I'm looking into buying a new machine for trading, could anyone please recommend the best specifications for a laptop to solely be used for trading?

Particularly with a view for using FSB practices?

Thanks,

Simon.

Re: Dedicated trading laptop requirements

laptop is not convenient
It becomes hot.
I think it is not a good idea for working
Laptop is good for some programming

3 (edited by GizmoTN 2016-07-27 21:29:56)

If you're doing automated trading with real money it pays to just setup a solid vps to handle that.  If your strategy requires a close action (ie any sort of close that's not reliant on a simple TP) and you're offline for some reason you'll miss that signal.  No homebrew setup without redundant backups, power, network connections, and a hot swap system are going to be able to compete with a datacenter's uptime. Depending on the datacenter location you can also get considerably better ping times to the broker.

I'm using contabo.com for some of my vps's and they've been solid thus far and are also considerably cheaper than a lot of the competition.

Also found this course on setting up a vps for trading very helpful as it goes into crash/reboot recovery etc.. https://www.udemy.com/forex-vps/learn/v4/overview

Hope it helps....

Simon wrote:

Hello traders,

I'm looking into buying a new machine for trading, could anyone please recommend the best specifications for a laptop to solely be used for trading?

Particularly with a view for using FSB practices?

Thanks,

Simon.

Thanks for your replies guys.

GizmoTN, Thanks for the info as well, I'll certainly take a look at it.

Simon

GizmoTN wrote:

I'm using contabo.com for some of my vps's and they've been solid thus far and are also considerably cheaper than a lot of the competition.

GizmoTN, which extras would you say you can't do without when using contabo.com?

The Udemy course suggests keeping it fairly simple to keep cost down, such as not paying extra for a control panel, but in the "Disabling Unwanted Windows Services" video, you certainly need the control panel, is it a different CPanel that you pay extra for from the VPS windows control panel?

Also, the Windows OS option is the only one that costs extra it seems, I assume this is mandatory as MT4 is a windows application?

Thanks,

Simon.