Topic: Unrealistic backtest/bug found

Hi,
I think I found some bug or error again. I think it is good idea to report it. In mt4 test, balance goes fast down, but in fsb it's holy grail. It uses multiple Keltner V2 and Parabolic SAR. I guess this time it is not LTF problem, no multiple time frames. It shows up with small periods with Keltner V2 indicator.

https://s32.postimg.org/yep2gjlx1/Screenshot_1.png

This bug is program's or indicator's problem? Planing to use this EA with higher periods real time (passed all tests), want to know where is a problem smile Maybe after bug found, tests with higher periods will fail too.

Post's attachments

EUR30 bug Keltner.xml 13.88 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-07-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Unrealistic backtest/bug found

You have the mqh file? My conversion? Can't find it for some reason... Can you upload please both the C# and mqh file for me? I can have a better look at it then.
Thanks!

3 (edited by Irmantas 2016-07-28 13:39:37)

Hi, just tried to replace it with this posted here  http://forexsb.com/repository/repository_indicators/forex_indicator_review/132/kltner-channel-v2-fix
, however it is pretty much same. Probably had the same one. Tried to replicate with standard Keltner Channel indicator, but cannot change some values by 0.1

Irmantas, you're not going to upload mqh?

5 (edited by footon 2016-07-29 17:03:54)

Slipshod's Keltner was buggy, PBV wasn't taken into account in one instance. I fixed it I think, I made the mqh as well but it's not loading up for me in MT, shows wrong minimum data bar number... Can you check if it works on your end?

EDIT

Now it's fixed, everything loads up. The person who downloaded it first, please re-download the mqh file.

I'll update the indi in the repo as well.

Post's attachments

Keltner v2.cs 28.14 kb, 3 downloads since 2016-07-29 

Keltnerv2.mqh 13.61 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-07-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Talking about one other Keltner custom indi by the same author - it's still faulty, me thinks. I'll look into it later in the weekend.

Hi Footon!
Sorry for not uploading mqh, posted a link to repository where same indi was in, though no need to upload it here again.

Thanks for a fix! No more unrealistic results smile And with bigger periods this system is a failure too. Glad that we found out about it in time, was planning some real trading. Moreover I did not like this system in the beginning very much, too much variables, but was thinking probably it is exception case, passed all test...

Have a nice weekend.