forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → FSB Pro, FXCM, Oanda & What EAs Work /don'tWork

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-16 00:18:57)

Topic: FSB Pro, FXCM, Oanda & What EAs Work /don'tWork

Have been using FSB-FST for 5 Years, mostly on Demo Accts.  Have never had the severe problems before that I am Now Having.  [1] Basically FSB Pro produced EAs, uploaded to both FXCM Demo and Oanda like "CandleEURUSD60" and "MoTest.01" can be tested successfully on both FXCM&Oanda Strategy Testers. [Open Prices & Control Points for BothFXCM&Oanda] [2]  FSB Pro EAs like "614-GBPUSD_1M", uploaded by FSB Pro to both FXCM&Oanda can Not be by either Strategy Tester.  [3] EAs of the first kind will execute trades on BothFXCM&Oanda MT4 platforms [4] EAs of the second kind did for previous FSB-FST  editions and for previous FSB Pro releases but don't, Now!!!!! It is as if, EAs that begin with a letter can "work" and Eas that begin with a Number [or have "-"s or"_"s] won't, anymore.  But I tried renaming "614-EURUSD_1M" as "EURUSD 614M1" and that didn't work on Oanda StratTester either.

Re: FSB Pro, FXCM, Oanda & What EAs Work /don'tWork

So, it appears that if an EA produces "results" on Oanda&FXCM Strategy Testers, it will "trade" on the Oanda&FXCM MT4 Demo platforms. If for some mysterious reason it won't produce results on Strategy Testers it won't Trade.

We need to first simplify all this....

Because. it is difficult to decipher all the variables you have described.

Please select one malfunctioning strategy, on only one broker. and lets work on that.

Of course you will have difficulty trying too manage all of these concerns..

Let's return to page one and simplify everything, one difficulty at a time...

Please start over.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

4 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-16 02:26:59)

So, it appears that if an EA produces "results" on Oanda&FXCM Strategy Testers, it will "trade" on the Oanda&FXCM MT4 Demo platforms. If for some mysterious reason it won't produce results on Strategy Testers it won't Trade. 

Since the last release, 3.6.2.2, Many of my EAs, developed just the way I have developed them for  5 years [jgp before now jgp_altus], uploaded onto FXCM&Oanda  MT4 Platforms, won't produce "results" on Platform Strategy Backtesters, and those that won't do not appear to make trades, despite the Smiley Face displayed on the Charts.

I just took an EA "321-EURUSD_15" [from 21 March 2016] and operated the Generator briefly on it using current data and uploaded the updated [by FSB Pro 3,6.2.2] to Oanda.  Ran the Strategy Tester on it and produced No "Results". My hours & hours of frustration tell me it and its smiley face will Not "trade"

5 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-16 05:09:16)

Help help. On FXCM, removed 614-GBPUSD_1M  from M1 chart to try something [that didn't work].   So I removed that EA and while there was no EA attached to that chart something with Magic Number 15211553 bought .01lot gbpusd with 1.41413 S/L and 1.41847 T/P.  I have reattached 614-GBPUSD_1M [which wouldn't trade before], now and it says its Magic Number is 14175333.  So while I didn't have an EA attached to the chart it traded.  when I reattached the EA [smiley face & all] I'll watch, but I don't expect it to trade!

CandleUSDJPY60, one of the FSB Pro EAs that produces "results" by Oanda's Strategy Tester, uploaded to Oanda's Expert Advisors by FSB Pro and attached by me to USDJPY,H1 Chart, showing Smiley Face in upper right corner, 'sold' .01 lot and the transaction was closed soon afterwards by T/P.

This is too confusing for me, it is very difficult to help you as you have so many things happening.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

We can find an explanation for 1 minute if you upload 1 of these strategies.

9 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-17 06:31:45)

After I got an FSB Pro "error message ' that something important in FSB Pro had gone missing, I sent the error message to FSB Pro, and as  someone on Forum suggested, I reinstalled FSB Pro 3.6.2.2, but this time, as someone on Forum suggested, I didn't check the 'preserve settings' option.  That seems to have solved many problems I was having.  too early to see if ALL my problems have been solved,  but FSB Pro seems to be working much better and I am getting a few trades.  I also got a new FXCM data base by using the old 'save from FXCM charts'  - A lot of trouble, but what the hell.  Have a Nice Day.

PS: don't know how to 'upload' one of these strategies to the Forum or wherever.  Could FSB Pro be modified so that when it uploads an EA to a Chart, there is also an option to upload that strategy to the Forum or Popov et al???

There is a "Post reply" command at the bottom right corner below the last post. It opens a post editor window with more functions. You can attach as many files as you wish to one post.

http://s32.postimg.org/6652oicn9/screenshot_1788.png

11 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-17 07:14:32)

here is EA presently attached to FXCM MT4 GBPUSD,M1.   It hasn't traded yet.

Post's attachments

616GBPUSDM1.xml 11.95 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-06-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

here is down fracal Mod

Post's attachments

616GBPUSDM1.xml 11.95 kb, 9 downloads since 2016-06-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Everything is fine. The strategy will open deal when it detects the predefined entry pattern.

14 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-21 00:53:47)

How many days should I wait,  while  NONE of my four similar EAs [Fractal-AO-MFI ] - each showing smiley faces on their appropriate M1 charts - EVER making a trade, before I conclude that something is wrong.  In particular, the MFI displays on all 4 charts never show that buys or sells are allowed.  In Particular, on FSB Pro my GBPUSDM1 EA shows 452 Executed orders and a win percentage of 63%. Time in position is 95%.   Is something wrong with FXCM or autotrade attachments to FXCM charts?

This strategy trades on a MT tester - GBPUSD M1

http://s32.postimg.org/fc8rlfwht/screenshot_1798.jpg

Did you try on the tester?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → FSB Pro, FXCM, Oanda & What EAs Work /don'tWork