Topic: Moving Average Example from Popov

If you take the 7.3 Real simple moving average crossover example from Popov,
(Add the indicator Moving Avareges croseover , Set
values to 6 and 9 smoothed.) on a 1 H chart. you will see on the right the chart has Let's say 100 trades.
After you set the value of the component to 1H in the values and look at the chart there is no change, and nor should there be, BUT once you switch the main timeframe to a 15M chart the amount of trades is cut in half! Changing timeframe on a locked component should have no effect on the amount of trades on other time periods,

I think there is an error in the code.

Thanks
Dr A Roshkov

Re: Moving Average Example from Popov

Well, would you be good enough to post a pic of the strategy so that we can be sure we are all on the same page and can analyze the difference.

Please explain what code you believe to be in err.  Do you mean the indicator or do you mean the FSBPro program.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Moving Average Example from Popov

Changing timeframe on a locked component should have no effect on the amount of trades on other time periods,

I really don't understand what exactly you mean. However, when you change the time frame, FSB Pro loads different history file. It may have different number of bars and of course different prices.

It is completely normal to see different result when you change a parameter of a strategy or the underlying history.