forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Curious how an FSB Longer Time Frame Indicator is executed in MT4?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by vidagig_13 2016-06-05 10:40:34)

Topic: Curious how an FSB Longer Time Frame Indicator is executed in MT4?

[Can't find info on this question (from a non-programmer) in the Wiki or forum search.]

Example: An FSB EA using 5 minute data and Indicators; plus a Longer Timeframe Indicator e.g. 1 hour.

How is a Longer Time Frame indicator specified in an FSB EA executed in MT4? - where the Expert Advisor is placed on e.g. a 5 Minute Chart in MT4. Is it basically multiplying the 5 minute chart values to 'convert to and replicate' the 1 hour timeframe Indicator?

Just curious to understand this - after noticing FSB EAs om MT4 charts display all Indicator's and their settings (if it can all fit..), but it doesn't specify the timeframe of each Indicator and this got me curious.

Just a very brief confirmation of my understanding, or clarification, would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Re: Curious how an FSB Longer Time Frame Indicator is executed in MT4?

No, indicators use higher TF data directly if LTF is applied.

3 (edited by GD 2016-06-05 13:45:33)

It could be great if we can have customized TFs in FSB pro

4 (edited by vidagig_13 2016-06-10 09:10:53)

Hi Footon

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still not clear.
From your reply it appears my assumption basically correct:

That the 5 minute chart values (the 'base' timeframe used in an FSB EA) are in effect multiplied to 'convert to and replicate' the e.g. 1 hour 'Longer Timeframe Indicator(s)' used in the EA constructed in FSB - when the EA is run on a 5 minute chart in MetaTrader?

Much appreciated.

If you choose LTF M5, you get M5 from M5 without conversions, multiplications, nothing.

Hi Footon

My apologies if I am not communicating my question clearly.
In my previous reply I tried to re-phrase and explain my question as clearly as I can.
I will try again.

The FSB Strategy is constructed using the 5 minute timeframe (using 5 minute t/f indicators)
AND it uses a 1 hour longer timeframe (LTF) Indicator.
(I.e. 5 minute AND 1 Hour LTF Opening Logic Conditions)

The exported FSB EA is attached to the MT4 5 minute chart.

How does MT4 execute the 1 hour (Longer Timeframe) timeframe indicator for this '5 minute t/f' EA attached to a 5 minute chart?

To repeat: the strategy is constructed in the 5 minute timeframe, using a 1 hour Longer timeframe indicator.

Thanks again for your patience and help to improve my understanding.

Hey,

The answer is the same, it uses that TF which is chosen no matter what the underlying TF is, as long as LTF is higher than the underlying TF.

OK, great. Couldn't be clearer than that.

Thanks again, Footon.

GD wrote:

It could be great if we can have customized TFs in FSB pro

I have experimented with MT5 a few times......... and have been able to use a couple different time frames.

Instead of backtesting, I just change the parameters and do a 'visual, until I get the results I want.

Because of the amount of data available for an MT5 test, I feel I can rely on this method of 'weird backtesting'

eg, use a 5 minute ea and try to run it on a 2 minute, or a 60 minute on a 120 minute.

One time frame that I like is the 8 hour..... I use that for several strategies.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

To repeat: the strategy is constructed in the 5 minute timeframe, using a 1 hour Longer timeframe indicator.

The Expert loads all the necessary data from MT. In your case it will load M5 and H1 data and will provide these data to the corresponding indicators. Later, the EA will "project" the LTF signals to the original time frame. It will apply 1 bar shift for the LTF signals (if it necessary) in order to prevent looking in the future and will calculate the trading signals.

Neither  FSB nor the Experts convert the data. Data files are used as they are.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Curious how an FSB Longer Time Frame Indicator is executed in MT4?