Topic: FXCM MT4 Win10

Recently had Geek Squad refurbish [including installing Win10]My Win8.1 PC.  Oanda-GMT-5 Practice account seems to work as before but FXCM MT4 displays after a few seconds a  dropdown that says MetaTrader has quit working.  During that few seconds the Journal says several FSB Pro strategies have loaded successfully.  are some FSB Pro strategies incompatible with Win10? How do I remove FSB Pro strategies from FXCM if it won't open?  do I just delete all the strategies in the Libraries before trying to open FXCM MT4?

Re: FXCM MT4 Win10

I'm using Win 10 on my development and test machines since day one and no problems.

How do I remove FSB Pro strategies from FXCM if it won't open?

It must be a specific reason for the failure. Do you see error messages in the MT logs?

You can remove FSB Pro experts from MT in the same way as any other EA. Right click on the EA and select Delete.

3 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-09 07:53:31)

I just sent you a FSB Pro error message which is probably related to my problem.  Something about an "object" being sought but not found.

And I can't remove any EA from FXCM MT4 because I can't get it to display but for a few seconds.

jgp_altus wrote:

I just sent you a FSB Pro error message which is probably related to my problem.  Something about an "object" being sought but not found.

And I can't remove any EA from FXCM MT4 because I can't get it to display but for a few seconds.

Go to your export folder and empty it, move all files to another directory and fire up MT, see what happens.

And where is the "export file"?  Do you mean the Online Repository "Strategies" ?  There are 41 strategies listed there.  How do I cut/paste them?

Sorry, expert folder of your MT. Copy EAs to another directory.

when I open "experts" on FXCM MT4 I get another "experts" file, when I open that Russian doll I get yet another 'experts' file and then yet another.  It looks like FXCM MTR>experts>experts>experts>experts

Maybe there's your problem?

Better to get to those mq4 and ex4 files, copy them to another place and keep the expert folder empty.

9 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-09 10:56:27)

I deleted all the entries except for FST and something called ASO [average sentiment] will now delete it.  Are you suggesting I delete the FST entries, too.  Guess what.  I just checked and the experts I deleted came back. Renko Etc

10 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-09 11:17:25)

ran "troubleshoot compatability"  option on FXCM 'terminal.exe' and the verdict was FXCM MT4 was 'incompatible with the terminal' whatever that means.

Don't know if it's connected but FSB Pro is able to download FSB Demo Data, but so far I haven't been able to download either FXCM or Oanda

Sounds like pure MT problem, nothing to do with experts... I would uninstall it and then make a fresh installation.

OK, I renamed 'FXCM Meta Trader 4' and downloaded & installed 'FXCM MT4'.  Now how does FSB Pro know how to find new FXCM in order to download Data and Upload FSB Pro EAs???  If I rename newbie with old 'FXCM MetaTrader 4' will that do it?

For EAs go to Control Panel, Trader, Expert Advisor and click on Find MT Terminals.

Thanks.  Who Knew? Haven't checked yet to see if that did the trick but the addresses displayed make no sense to me.

Did everything suggested.  Have downloaded FSB, FXCM, Oanda data.  Have exported FSB EAs to FXCM & Oanda Demo charts.  Still leary of 'Generating' EAs, the PC soon starts to sound labored & and overloaded with no new EA being generated.

Please try to uncheck "strategy fullfills acceptance criteria" in generator tab setting and see if the strategies can be generated.

do or do not there is no try

I tried it but noise level in Win10 Pc just goes up and up, by several orders of magnitude. Noise has leveled off but  It sounds creepy. on a related sybject, I have exported EAs to Platform and have attached them to charts.  Is there something else needed by the exported EAs to enable them to Trade???? A Bridge???

18 (edited by yonkuro 2016-06-10 00:04:02)

Does it has a smiley icon on the right corner of the chart? If so your EA should work properly.
BTW here is the tutorial to make Windows 10 lighter and faster http://www.askvg.com/master-tutorial-to … uper-fast/
The simplest way is go to windows explorer -> right click on "this pc" -> properties -> advanced system settings -> "advanced" tab-> performance setting -> choose "adjust for best performance

jgp_altus wrote:

I tried it but noise level in Win10 Pc just goes up and up, by several orders of magnitude. Noise has leveled off but  It sounds creepy.

Upgrade to Win XP, works like a charm.

footon wrote:
jgp_altus wrote:

I tried it but noise level in Win10 Pc just goes up and up, by several orders of magnitude. Noise has leveled off but  It sounds creepy.

Upgrade to Win XP, works like a charm.

That's should be a downgrade, but well, it depends on the situation smile

Yes , the four FSB Pro EAs on FXCM & on Oanda each have a little smiley face in upper right hand corner, but none of them have made a trade for quite a few hours.

jgp_altus wrote:

Yes , the four FSB Pro EAs on FXCM & on Oanda each have a little smiley face in upper right hand corner, but none of them have made a trade for quite a few hours.

are all opening logic conditions met?

No, but they all are changing from time to time.

10:35 MDT  All [8] of the FSB Pro EA on FXCM Demo and Oanda Practice Platforms look fine with Smiley faces, all with "time in position" on FSB Pro of 60-80%, and no trades, yet. ????  Is it possible that an EA making a trade requires "Administrator Approval"?

Create a test strategy with only one rule - "Momentum rises", export it and run it on a M1 chart.