forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Dynamic S/R levels indicator?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Dynamic S/R levels indicator?

Looking for something that would essentially simulate drawing trend lines on the charts for manual trading.  Is there any sort of fsb indicator that deals with historic support and resistance lines beyond just the last swing high/low? 

Perhaps an indicator similar to scmr trends dynamic levels https://www.tradingview.com/market/sc-spydercrusher/ where the weight of the s/r increases the more it gets tested and validated. 

I know there's pivots and bbands and various envelopes and ma crosses etc but I haven't run across an indicator for fsb along these lines yet so I was curious if there was something I was missing.

Re: Dynamic S/R levels indicator?

Have a look at the Ichimoku Indicator

Every line on that indicator is support and resistance.....

You can mark your chart starting with the highest time frame and work your way to the current time frame using Chikou Span, or. just look to the left on the current chart.

That will give you all the support and resistance you will need.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I had a look at the Traderview indicator, nothing special about it except the fancy name.

The Chikou Span will do an even better job because you can use the higher time frame.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Have a look at the Ichimoku Indicator

Every line on that indicator is support and resistance.....

You can mark your chart starting with the highest time frame and work your way to the current time frame using Chikou Span, or. just look to the left on the current chart.

That will give you all the support and resistance you will need.

Well I'm looking more for fixed S/R price levels that keep getting hit and seem to consistently hold ie a trend line.  If I recall correctly the chikou span is that lagging line in the ichi that shows the current plot against x periods ago to show the level of movement against prior candles but other than that one lagging period I'm not sure how you would tell a consistent support or resistance level.  I've used the ichimoku kumo (cloud) for s/r validation before but that's still a different animal than what I'm talking about.

Well, the Ichimoku indicator is available and it delivers what you want. Perhaps study it a bit more in the ichi wiki and then you will have the tool.

What I have done ion the past is to draw a horizontal line on a higher time frame at each point where the Chikou Span meets support and resistance. That has proven to be a successful method used by traders.

That being said....... we are not using charts to trade, we are using math and the options in the Ichimoku indicator will give you S&R perfectly....

Please experiment with a strategy using the indicator and look at the chart in FSBPro and you will see precisely what I am describing.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Dynamic S/R levels indicator?