Topic: Complete Cycle of possibilities

I have set one of my machine to run 720 minutes, and with 4 cores running at 3.2 ghz,
I noticed that it never reaches 720 min, does that mean that it has run all the possible combiunations ?

(Side question, if it crashes are the results stored in the collection?)
Thanks

Re: Complete Cycle of possibilities

The combinations are endless. There is no reason the Generator to stop before the end of the time period. It will work until the time expires and will show 100% progress.

> Side question, if it crashes are the results stored in the collection?
The Generator always pushes the strategies to the Collections, but there is no auto-recovery function.  You have to go to the Collections page and to save them manually. This is possible some times. It depends on where exactly is the crash.

Just to make it clear, it's not a problem with FSB, it's a problem with my alienware 17 laptop overheating!!!.
But on the otherhand, it's only when I Use FSB that it freezes....
Secondly, nothing is endless !! If it it endless then FSB must be going over itself, and stratergies already proccessed.

Last question does FSB test different timeframes, or just the selected one ? It would be cool it it tested all the timeframes as well

for your laptop, you may be able to clean it a bit by using compressed air that you can get in a pressurized can.

It could be that there is accumulated dust causing the overheating.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

LOL, Thanks for the advice, I think it's because of the overclocking, alienware laptops have built in overclocking, so you can take a 2.9 ghz all the way up to close to 4.0.. singlethread, and 3.6 multi, I will check out the dust thing though. Thanks wink , Before forex I am - was the following
MCSE MCDBA MCSA CCSE CCSA CCA...  but that was my past life... not I sit 24-7 and gamble pennies away

wink

Have a good one.

I am not sure..... I have an old laptop that did 33 million iteration of the generator without overheating, that is why I suggested a bit of a cleanout.

I have no idea re overclocking, I never attempted that (chicken)  lol

https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2288/throttlestop-6-00

Download the above file, (if u are not happy with the source seek it elsewhere)

you can easly get 300 hrz out of a 1.33 ghz laptop up to 1.66 hertz, just make sure the laptop is cooled!!!! , I take no responsability for burned hardware !!

Alienware has this built into BIOS

I do not think I want to play with fire. LOL

Last question does FSB test different timeframes, or just the selected one ? It would be cool it it tested all the timeframes as well

FSB tests a strategy only against the symbol and time frame you set in the Editor screen.