Topic: Is there going to be update (Profit Protection) features by end March?

Hi Popov,

I understand you gave us a rough estimate of the completion of the profit protection features by end March.

I'm just curious whether you are able to meet this estimated time line or is there going to be a delay?

I fully understand if there is going to be a delay (as such things often happened in work life or personal life) and I would greatly appreciate an open communication to your users to keep us in the loop.

Please understand that some of us (at least for me), need to plan what course of actions to take with regard to the update time line.

If it is another 2 weeks of waiting, I would probably do some other "administrative" work such as EA analysis rather than develop anymore new EA.

If it is another 2 month of waiting, I would probably go ahead and make some changes to my EA and test it out and gather some results from this 2 months of wait.

If it is another 6 months of waiting, I would probably "re-write" and refine most of my EA (in the pretext that I'm never ever going to wait endlessly for the profit protection features). 

If it is another of 1 year of waiting.  I'm done with my EA development.  I'll refine all my EA now.  Each EA has 3 versions, 1) the original version, 2) the trailing stop limit version and 3) another closing condition using less "strict" conditions and test run all 3 versions to see how it perform.  Already I have several hundreds of EA and imagine each of them x3 versions.  That's so tedious and hence, I'm very reluctant to go through this process and your update would save me tons of efforts and time...as I only need 1 version of EA with the update that allows dynamic closing conditions.  And I don't have to test run it over so many terminals if I have 3 versions to test out (not enough computer to do it too).

So I hope Popov, you would understand that I need a sense of time line/duration of expectation to help me know what's the next best course of action to take.  I hope you understand that it's already been nearly 6 months of waiting since the day you mentioned that this is the direction you are going to take.  I'm not here to dictate your schedule but rather to synchronize your schedule with mine and choose the pace and direction of my own EA development.  I need information to make informed decision what to do next and your silence is not helping me nor others to know whether to hold on till your next release (which many of us would think it's a matter of a few more days time) or should we just move on with our EA development and don't expect anything to happen in the near future.

Kindly just drop us a note.  Just 1 sentence is enough to communicate to us the time line.  It's just so simple, much more easier than answering some queries that ask for the obvious and yet you demonstrated so much patience to answer and hence I believe you would also have the same patience and kindness to answer this simple question that would make a difference to which course of path I would choose for my EA development.

Your time and patience to answer this time line question is very much appreciated and open communication would help to reduce unnecessary waiting and repetitive checking of my email or FSB website to check for the update or turn on my FSB programme and see whether it prompt me for an update.

I believe I'm not the only one eagerly waiting for this update, Popov, I've not doubt you are working very hard towards this goal.  This update is going to make a big difference to both FSB as a even more powerful programme and going to help FSB users find greater success in their EA development.  At least I'm very certain it is going to make a big difference to my EA performance.

Re: Is there going to be update (Profit Protection) features by end March?

Dynamic protections will not be included in the next release.

Thanks for your prompt reply...

Can you provide me an Estimate how long is the wait (for dynamic protections) going to be? So I can plan my next course of appropriate actions to take.

3mths, 6mths or 1 yr?

4 (edited by GD 2016-03-25 11:49:09)

I am also stacked with that. The exit is problem and can improve a lot the results.

For the moment one indicator is used together with a SL/TP. In many cases it works.

I know that many things have to be redesigned. I think Mr.Popov spends time in tests now.

Miroslav hurry up a bit.

I tried adding this once before and for some reason someone in authority deleted it.  I have no idea how good or useful this is or how useful it might prove to be for this discussion, but this  - cm_universal_trailing_stop.mq4 -  is from the MT4 MQL5 "Code Base".

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9530

Thanks jgp!

I appreciate you sharing the information and resources for us to find alternative solutions while waiting for the update.

At least now, I'm not stuck but have other options to work with for the time being.

Thanks a zillion!

7 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-03-25 14:37:18)

I've also downloaded this "virtual_trailing_stop.mq4" when it was free.  Apparently it no longer is
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/288

I could supply it but don't know how.  Here is how it begins
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                        virtual_trailing_stop.mq4 |
//|                                         Copyright 2015, cmillion |
//|                                               http://cmillion.ru |
#property copyright "Copyright © 2015, cmillion@narod.ru"
#property link      "http://cmillion.ru"
#property strict
//---
input int     Stoploss      = 0;    // Ñòîï-ëîññ
input int     Takeprofit    = 0;    // Òåéê-ïðîôèò
input int     TrailingStop  = 5;    // Äëèíà òðàëà
input int     TrailingStart = 5;    // Ìèíèìàëüíàÿ ïðèáûëü äëÿ ñòàðòà
input int     TrailingStep  = 1;    // Øàã òðàëà
double   TrallB = 0;
double   TrallS = 0;
int      slippage=30;
//|                                                                  |
int start()
  {
   double OOP,SL;
   int b=0,s=0,tip,TicketB=0,TicketS=0;
   for(int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
        {
         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
           {
            tip = OrderType();
            OOP = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice(),Digits);
            if(tip==OP_BUY)

jgp_altus wrote:

I tried adding this once before and for some reason someone in authority deleted it.  I have no idea how good or useful this is or how useful it might prove to be for this discussion, but this  - cm_universal_trailing_stop.mq4 -  is from the MT4 MQL5 "Code Base".

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9530

Here is the file from the website

Post's attachments

9530_en.zip 2.56 kb, 5 downloads since 2016-03-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

jgp_altus wrote:

I've also downloaded this "virtual_trailing_stop.mq4" when it was free.  Apparently it no longer is
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/288

I could supply it but don't know how.

Can you upload the file here. 

When you click "reply" and below this message box you will see "Attachments - Choose File" go to the folder where you saved this file and press Add file once you have located the file/folder.

10 (edited by footon 2016-03-25 15:02:34)

//|                                        virtual_trailing_stop.mq4 |
//|                                         Copyright 2015, cmillion |
//|                                               http://cmillion.ru |
#property copyright "Copyright © 2015, cmillion@narod.ru"
#property link      "http://cmillion.ru"
#property strict
//---
input int     Stoploss      = 0;    // Ñòîï-ëîññ
input int     Takeprofit    = 0;    // Òåéê-ïðîôèò
input int     TrailingStop  = 5;    // Äëèíà òðàëà
input int     TrailingStart = 5;    // Ìèíèìàëüíàÿ ïðèáûëü äëÿ ñòàðòà
input int     TrailingStep  = 1;    // Øàã òðàëà
double   TrallB = 0;
double   TrallS = 0;
int      slippage=30;
//|                                                                  |
int start()
  {
   double OOP,SL;
   int b=0,s=0,tip,TicketB=0,TicketS=0;
   for(int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
        {
         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
           {
            tip = OrderType();
            OOP = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice(),Digits);
            if(tip==OP_BUY)
              {
               b++;
               TicketB=OrderTicket();
               if(Stoploss!=0   && Bid<=OOP - Stoploss   * Point) {if(OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Bid,Digits),slippage,clrNONE)) continue;}
               if(Takeprofit!=0 && Bid>=OOP + Takeprofit * Point) {if(OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Bid,Digits),slippage,clrNONE)) continue;}
               if(TrailingStop>0)
                 {
                  SL=NormalizeDouble(Bid-TrailingStop*Point,Digits);
                  if(SL>=OOP+TrailingStart*Point && (TrallB==0 || TrallB+TrailingStep*Point<SL)) TrallB=SL;
                 }
              }
            if(tip==OP_SELL)
              {
               s++;
               if(Stoploss!=0   && Ask>=OOP + Stoploss   * Point) {if(OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),slippage,clrNONE)) continue;}
               if(Takeprofit!=0 && Ask<=OOP - Takeprofit * Point) {if(OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),slippage,clrNONE)) continue;}
               TicketS=OrderTicket();
               if(TrailingStop>0)
                 {
                  SL=NormalizeDouble(Ask+TrailingStop*Point,Digits);
                  if(SL<=OOP-TrailingStart*Point && (TrallS==0 || TrallS-TrailingStep*Point>SL)) TrallS=SL;
                 }
              }
           }
        }
     }
   if(b!=0)
     {
      if(b>1) Comment("Òðàë êîððåêòíî ðàáîòàåò òîëüêî ñ 1 îðäåðîì");
      else
      if(TrallB!=0)
        {
         Comment("Òðàëèì îðäåð ",TicketB);
         DrawHline("SL Buy",TrallB,clrBlue,1);
         if(Bid<=TrallB)
           {
            if(OrderSelect(TicketB,SELECT_BY_TICKET))
               if(OrderProfit()>0)
                  if(!OrderClose(TicketB,OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),slippage,clrRed))
                     Comment("Îøèáêà çàêðûòèÿ îðäåðà ",GetLastError());
           }
        }
     }
   else {TrallB=0;ObjectDelete("SL Buy");}
//---
   if(s!=0)
     {
      if(s>1) Comment("Òðàë êîððåêòíî ðàáîòàåò òîëüêî ñ 1 îðäåðîì");
      else
      if(TrallS!=0)
        {
         Comment("Òðàëèì îðäåð ",TicketS);
         DrawHline("SL Sell",TrallS,clrRed,1);
         if(Ask>=TrallS)
           {
            if(OrderSelect(TicketS,SELECT_BY_TICKET))
               if(OrderProfit()>0)
                  if(!OrderClose(TicketS,OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),slippage,clrRed))
                     Comment("Îøèáêà çàêðûòèÿ îðäåðà ",GetLastError());
           }
        }
     }
   else {TrallS=0;ObjectDelete("SL Sell");}
//---
   int err;
   if(IsTesting() && OrdersTotal()==0)
     {
      double Lot=0.1;
      err=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lot,NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),slippage,0,0,"òåñò",0);
      err=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lot,NormalizeDouble(Bid,Digits),slippage,0,0,"òåñò",0);
      return(0);
     }
   return(0);
  }
//|                                                                  |
void DrawHline(string name,double P,color clr,int WIDTH)
  {
   if(ObjectFind(name)!=-1) ObjectDelete(name);
   ObjectCreate(name,OBJ_HLINE,0,0,P,0,0,0,0);
   ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_COLOR,clr);
   ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_STYLE,2);
   ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_WIDTH,WIDTH);
  }
//+-----------------------------

Hi jop,

Can you upload the file and not the picture?

Another way you can email me the attached file and I'll do it for you.

Thanks

Hi Popov,

While we are waiting for the update, do you think it is possible for you to provide us with a FSB custom made script for us to run it in our MT4 that has similar features such as BE guaranteed profit and trailing stop etc?  (sorry if this is too much to ask from you cos I'm not a programmer and hence, not sure whether what I'm asking is difficult/complicated to do, I have the impression that script is much easier to write than the profit protection features that is "embed" into the FSB's hard core function.  Forgive me, if my request is overboard).

Found this webpage with a list of 8 Trailing Stop varieties to choose from (all these in the zip attached)

There are altogether 8 different varieties of trailing stop mentioned here with the attached files.
http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/mt … g-stop-eas

There are 6 files with errors/warnings (can someone who programming skills kindly look into these and be helpful enough to rectify the errors/warnings if these EA/scripts are worth giving a shot:

1. Trailing Stop (0 error, 10 warnings)
2. Tight TrailingStop (0 error, 7 warnings)
3. TrailingWithPartialClose (0 error, 16 warnings)
4. EMATrailingStop (58 errors, 6 warnings)
5. Break Even Trailing (0 error, 6 warnings)
6. e-trailing (58 errors, 6 warnings) 
7. Trade protect
8. Swiss Army

Despite the errors, I'm able to install these EA but please test it out carefully. 

As for the E-trailing and it works fine in my account.  Trade Safe.

Post's attachments

8 Trailing Options.zip 157.34 kb, 13 downloads since 2016-03-25 

Is the problem that the Trailing Stop needs to be an Indicator [rather than a EA] so that it can be available as a closing logic option for some [if not all] FSB Pro EA's.  There are apparently many Trailing Stop EAs available.  There are also some indicators such as this one at  http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=318772

ATRTrailStop_v3.mq4

Jgp,

Ideally, I wish to have a "comprehensive" script/EA to work with all the trailing, partial close, BE, ATR etc...to handle all the opened positions/trades.

Of cos, the best is to have these features embedded into our EA like the profit protection features for the future updates...but meanwhile, I would like to search for a script/EA as an alternative solution so that I'm not so "affected" by the delay and have a working solution to rely on instead of passively waiting for the long waited for update.

Hopwood has a trade manager of some sort, if I remember correctly it has quite a lot of bells and whistles, it's called MPMT or something. Considering the userbase and his reputation (which can be at both ends of the spectrum at the same time, hehee), it should be quite reliable. I don't know though if conflicts can arise between the EAs. You can locate it at his forum.

Thanks Footon for your head start tip for searching...

Here is the attached file, I hope this is the one you mentioned.

If you want the Trailing stop to be applied to all your open trades, choose filter by magic no. "false", am I right?

This is an extended version from the original one with some errors fixed.  Please test it out carefully and as Popov always say "Trade Safe".

Download the files and attached it in the "Experts" folder file in your MT4

Post's attachments

(Modified) SimpleOrderManager EA v1.1 - Copy.zip 108.06 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-03-27 

No, I meant this -> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 … 1&t=64

Hi Footon,

I've trouble register for the website...if you have a copy, can you upload it here?

As for the attached Modified Simple Order Manager (the attached file, please refer to the previous post above)

It has the following features:

1. You can apply the features to an EA or all open positions (filter by magic number True/false)
2. ATR trailing stop (you need to attached the ATR trailing file unto MT4 indicator folder and installed it onto the MT4 time chart, this ATR does not executed the trailing by itself.  You need to use it with the modified Simple Order Manager, in the previous attached  post)
3. Set missing TP/SL
4. Use ATR for mising TP/SL
5. BE with target profit
6. Jumping SL
7. Candlestick Trailing S.
8. Standard Trailing S (after BE True/False) whereby you set the trailing stop to start after BE reached.
9. Instant Trailing S. (stop after BE True/False)
10. Move SL by Market Technical (choose the time frame to apple ATR SL).

Post's attachments

ATRTrailStop_v3.zip 14.68 kb, 10 downloads since 2016-03-27 

Sorry, I don't have one, I only know there is that kind of thing, which should be quite useful, has a known author and a dedicated forum for support info.

It's ok Footon...it's very kind of you to drop me the info to direct my search, that's already very helpful.

The attached modified Simple Order Manager is based on functions © by Steve Hopwood et. al. (see Stevehopwoodforex.com)

Will you be testing it? I wonder if there will be conflicts or not, like trade openings don't match after-the-fact backtest etc.

Yes I'll be testing it on all my terminals with all new accounts to track n compare, before and after results.

Of cos Ideally, the FSB future update with the PROFIT features will enable us to see the results immediately and thus modify the input to maximise the profit.   

So meanwhile this is a good alternative to try it out on all EA simply by changing the attached EA parameters instead of changing every EA one by one.  So much more time efficient, especially at this trial stage whereby there are bound to have lots of different settings trials n I don't have to change all EA, but just change this trailing stop EA.  What a relief.   Wish FSB has its own such script/trailing EA that can be applied to all open n future positions.

I realised that sometimes when I get fixated to a mind set or solution such as desperately waiting for the PP  features,  I failed to think and explore other alternatives.   Jgp's suggestion sudden turned on a light bulb, it's like how come I forgot all about this option,  blind me. I wonder how come no one suggested that all these while till JGP "kindly stepped in" to break the "silence" while others just sit by....(thanks once again, JGP & Footon!)

Guess that's the benefit of this forum, we watch each others back and highlight others blind side.  There is power in synergy indeed.

The modified Simple Order Manager doesn't seem to work....those who testing it, does it work on your side?

Meanwhile, at least I have the e-trailing working fine in my account.

June 1, 2016.  Are we ever going to have a FSB Pro compatible 'profit protection' indicator??????