Topic: Use Demo account to provide Trade Signal to your Live/Real account

For those whose EA performs well in demo account but does badly in real/live account, can consider this option below.

An idea came to me, why don't we set up our demo account as trading signal provider (using the free service provided in MQLwebsite and follow/mirror our own demo account trading in our live/real account?

Using this method of trade mirroring, you can be more certain of your EA performance on your real account since you would have tested out extensively in the demo account  (I'm making an assumption )

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules

Otherwise you can consider using JFD Broker as my EA has consistent performance similar to my demo account.  But if you like the way your EA performs in your demo and wants your live to trade similarly with you demo, then the trading signal, mirror method may work well for you.

Re: Use Demo account to provide Trade Signal to your Live/Real account

One critical problem might be the lag time between issuing the signal and execution

Trading on lower times frames using this method could be perilous.

There are many complaints re lag time in the MQL5 site.

The system looks ok...... sounds ok...... does not seem to work ok...

I would be very cautious sending a signal to the net and then expecting to receive it in time for execution.

Much better to use a trades copier on your own computer.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Dave

That's a better idea.

Do you have any brand/one, you would recommend?  Which one have you tried?

(weird I use copier, it appeared as a word "spam")

No, I would not  suggest a copier, I would suggest using a real account only due to the games played by brokers.

A demo account is designed to fool novice traders, inexperienced people are regularly sucked in by their demo, best to use the real mccoy and do it properly right from the get go.

The best data is in the real account, the real live trading is in the real account. forget demo accounts and copiers.

Dave,

For discussion purpose: (and bursting my naivety smile )

If my demo account is making good money and execute winning trades consistently, won't copying the trades in my demo account ensure I continue having the same performance in my live account?

Because, in some cases, when we run our EA in a real account, the EA didn't execute as well as in the demo (as you are trying to say, that brokers "make" demo looks good to entice customers), so if my live account mirror exactly as my demo, wouldn't that reduce the "inconsistency" and guessing game whether the demo and live account operate in the same manner?

When you suggest real account, what do you mean?  We can't be testing out our EA in a real account to start with right?  After we test out our EA in demo account, we want to transfer to a real account.  Won't trade (copier) ensure that we are still getting the same performance and executing the same trades from our demo to our live account instead of having to observe and worry that the real account isn't going to be the same as the demo account because our brokers is out to fool/lure us?

Popov, why each time I use the word "copier", the word "Spam" appeared instead.  I have to use (copier) to prevent it from appearing as Spam

A matter of curiosity...

Popov, you have the FSB Bridge function.  Is there a way whereby you can convert it and somehow make it function like a trade (copier) to be installed in our live account to follow our demo account?  Sorry if my thinking is so simplistic to think it can.

Well, you can continue with the demo account, however, to be advising others to do the same is like taking a position of expert.

Facts are facts...... brokers use demo accounts to entice novice traders and then jam them with the real accounts.

There are many gullible and susceptible people reading this forum and it may be unfair to them to suggest this wonderful stuff that will burn them in future.

I suggest leaving trading advice and recommending brokers to Popov as he is ultimately the one to face responsibility for his forum.

Dave,

I trust most FSB users are adults with independent thinking and when we suggest, it's suggestions that people take and have to weigh it with their own wisdom.  Suggestion is different from advising giving.  It connotes an idea for thinking and pondering. 

It's very kind of you to caution possible users who would take every suggestions at it's face value.

Warning and disclaimer: All suggestions given by Hannah, need to be weigh carefully and users please exercise your own discretion smile
Hannah will not be held liable for any of your risk and losses incurred as a result of following her suggestions/advice.  And any suggestions/advice given by Hannah is of her own personal opinion and does not represent the views of FSB.  She is not FSB staff but a volunteer.  smile

Now I hope this would settle every doubts and worries/fears about giving suggestions in this forum smile

One thing I must say, the quality of FSB users are really good.  In FSB, we often get practical and technical discussion about how to improve our trades, strategies, technical indicators suggestions/improvement...really good quality stuff.  No name callings, no swearing at each others, no spam (thanks to Popov and his team and you Dave, for warning to ban people, ha ha ha).

My opinion is:

No trading hints and brokers recommendations in this forum.

Sharing a personal experience and trading styles is perfectly allowed.

I've found a website that provides trader copier for free download

The Personal Trade Copier duplicates orders between two (or more) instances of MetaTrader 4 running on the same computer. It is trusted by tens of thousands of traders all over the world, and is even used by brokers to offset risk and liquidity from one server to another.

Communication between the copies of MT4 is almost instant. The speed of trade placement, and any slippage, will depend almost entirely on the latency to your broker and the quality of their trade execution.

http://www.fxblue.com/appstore/2/mt4-pe … ade-copier

11 (edited by geektrader 2016-03-10 07:26:59)

Hi Hannahis,

the concept of copying trades from demo to real account because the demo "does better" than the real account might be appealing at first, but it does not work (I had the same idea like you about 8 years ago when I started automatic trading). The problem with live accounts are 2 things that differ from the demo account: slippage + different feeds + injected price spikes (with ugly brokers only though!) on the live account. That´s why the live account does bad!

So if you copy the trades from the demo to the live account, the copied trades will still have the same problems on the live account. They will get slipped on the entry, they will trade on a different feed with wider spreads and slightly different pricing, the broker will also injects spikes (but just really the absolutely ugly ones do that nowadays).

Let me tell you a inside info about this since I have good connections to several brokers - with the following broker that I am talking about I had(!) a connection, not anymore because it turned out they are absolutely dishonest. To suck people in, they  had a custom MT4 plugin for their demo server which would push prices into the direction the user wanted after entering the trade. E.g. if your EA opens a long order, they would slowly but surely push the price into your direction and your EA will win, making you believe you have a great working EA (which in reality was losing) and a good broker now and can now proceed to open a big live account. I don´t need to tell you that once they did go live, it all went bust for each trader:(

So even if you would use your "good" demo signal and copy it to the live account, it will not make the live account perform like the demo account because the copied trade will still suffer of slippage, slightly different feeds, price injections, etc etc. on the live account.

Your best bet is: stick with a SERIOUS and HONEST broker that does not play any tracks and forwards orders to the markets. The brokers I know that for (because they are sending me tickets of their backoffice for which LP filled which part of the order since I trade considerable lot-sizes of 150+ lots per trade) are: JFD Brokers, Global Prime, Tickmill. I could list the black-sheeps now too, but first Mr Popov doesn´t want that here and secondly they would surely sue me (again) smile But I think it helps to list at least the real serious brokers I know about, because newbies get ripped off left and right with the majority of the brokers out there (I have accounts with over 80 brokers and say that 75 of them are crap and cheat).

It´s kinda like the idea to reverse a losing strategy to make it a winning strategy:) I think we all also thought of that in the beginning:)

geektrader wrote:

Your best bet is: stick with a SERIOUS and HONEST broker that does not play any tracks and forwards orders to the markets. The brokers I know that for (because they are sending me tickets of their backoffice for which LP filled which part of the order since I trade considerable lot-sizes of 150+ lots per trade) are: JFD Brokers, Global Prime, Tickmill.

Thanks Geektrader for your valuable input.  I'm using JFD, recommended from an investor who traded large lot sizes like you too.  I agree with you that the primary aim should be, looking for Serious and Honest Brokers and I do agree that it is for our advantage if we share out positive experience with any brokers in the forum to help others narrow their search successfully.  Copying trade should be our last resort.

I use copying trade from JFD account to other broker as trade signal.  Because Zulu Trade doesn't have JFD as one of the listed broker and my EA doesn't perform as well in other brokers and hence, I use copy trade to send signals  to one of the brokers listed by Zulu Trade in order to ensure better performance.

So what's your trading strategy you would like to share since you traded in such huge lot sizes, every "mistake" is multiplied several times...what's your approach?

How do you develop your EA?  What's your trading tips?  If you won't mind sharing with us your expertise.  Many thanks in advance smile

I'm trying to remember what software I saw that does similar things to this. Equity Sentry EA does part of it. If your account or individual EA loses X trades in a row, it can disable the live trading.

But I thought there was another software where you run it on both a demo and live account. So when the demo starts doing well again (X profitable trades in a row) it re-enables live trading on your live account.

I wish I could remember what that software was called. Because many strategies that follow trends make a fortune most of the time, but then may have 6 months of losses straight.