1 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-15 05:34:23)

Topic: unsymmetrical entry conditions

i want a long position to be entered when the open/close is above sma6 derived from high and i want a short to be entered when the open close of a bar is below sma6 derived from low?

is it possible?

Re: unsymmetrical entry conditions

Yes, it is possible.
You can use logical groups.
In that example I use two logical groups - one for opening long positions and one for opening short positions. The first MA is based on High and the second is based on Low.
But looking at that you may think I made a mistake for the short rules. "The position opens above Moving Average". It is correct because:
In FSB we always set the logical rules for the Long Positions.
So I set positions open above MA, but it also means that the short positions will open below MA and that is what we need.

http://s7.postimg.org/myfee0nnb/screenshot_1382.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/tdefaoud3/screenshot_1383.jpg

The strategy is attached below.

Post's attachments

High - Low Exmaple.xml 12.32 kb, 5 downloads since 2016-02-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

pradeepgolfer wrote:

i want a long position to be entered when the open/close is above sma6 derived from high and i want a short to be entered when the open close of a bar is below sma6 derived from low?

is it possible?

What time chart are you using for this sma6? H1, H4 or 1min?

4 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-15 08:57:18)

Popov wrote:

Yes, it is possible.
You can use logical groups.
In that example I use two logical groups - one for opening long positions and one for opening short positions. The first MA is based on High and the second is based on Low.
But looking at that you may think I made a mistake for the short rules. "The position opens above Moving Average". It is correct because:
In FSB we always set the logical rules for the Long Positions.
So I set positions open above MA, but it also means that the short positions will open below MA and that is what we need.

http://s7.postimg.org/myfee0nnb/screenshot_1382.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/tdefaoud3/screenshot_1383.jpg

The strategy is attached below.

i am amazed at the amount of patience you show in explaining these things.You also reply very fast! Thank you. I think i am really lucky to have found your software!

Hi I am curious how you found out about FSB so that we can understand and learn from your experience and so how we can increase the awareness of FSB to the trading community

6 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-15 09:56:48)

hannahis wrote:

Hi I am curious how you found out about FSB so that we can understand and learn from your experience and so how we can increase the awareness of FSB to the trading community

i first found another back testing software,until that time i had no idea that such ea builders were available.i was interested in ea because i am now 60 so i get tired quite fast,and also i cannot be in front of computer for long because i have a dog and aged mother who can demand for something at any time.

i then found you on google. i found some others too but yours is the most user friendly

you could open a seller page on mql4 and inform traders of your software on that page

Hi Pradeepgolfer,

First, I need to clarify, I'm not a staff of FSB, most of us are volunteers who believe in helping one another to succeed (how is Popov going to pay us, when he makes FSB so cheap and free to most users smile)

The founder is Popov, He is a very generous person, who is willing to use his talent, expertise and time to help others succeed too.  And hence, the spirits of helping and giving, are started by our beloved founder, Popov, whom many of us who have been around respect him very much...hence, as my way of saying "Thanks" to Popov, I decided to help out in this forum.

I'm very happy and blessed to have found FSB too.  And hence, wish many other traders would be blessed too if only they found FSB just like you and me.  That's why I'm curious and wanting to increase the awareness of FSB Pro.

I fully agree with you that trading manually is really tiring mentally, physically and emotional and added this to our daily responsibility and our family commitments, it is can be overwhelming at times.  Hence, FSB is really heaven sent, in my life.

I'm glad you found FSB and you would definitely find that your years of experience would be an added advantages to your learning process in your EA development via FSB.  I sincerely wish you all the best and do feel free to share and learn from one another, here in this unique and special forum, where most people are very helpful (rare to find such good quality forum).  Since Popov is so willing to share his talent so freely, let's us keep this spirit alive in this forum and help one another to succeed and be financial free to pursue our life's dreams and improve our quality of life.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you and I believe your expertise/experience would be a much advantage and added value to all of us here.

hannahis wrote:
pradeepgolfer wrote:

is it possible?

What time chart are you using for this sma6? H1, H4 or 1min?

sorry i did not see your question! i am thinking of 5 min but it may well work better in longer time frames

9 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-15 10:44:32)

hannahis wrote:

Hi Pradeepgolfer,

First, I need to clarify, I'm not a staff of FSB, most of us are volunteers who believe in helping one another to succeed (how is Popov going to pay us, when he makes FSB so cheap and free to most users smile)

The founder is Popov, He is a very generous person, who is willing to use his talent, expertise and time to help others succeed too.  And hence, the spirits of helping and giving, are started by our beloved founder, Popov, whom many of us who have been around respect him very much...hence, as my way of saying "Thanks" to Popov, I decided to help out in this forum.

I'm very happy and blessed to have found FSB too.  And hence, wish many other traders would be blessed too if only they found FSB just like you and me.  That's why I'm curious and wanting to increase the awareness of FSB Pro.

I fully agree with you that trading manually is really tiring mentally, physically and emotional and added this to our daily responsibility and our family commitments, it is can be overwhelming at times.  Hence, FSB is really heaven sent, in my life.

I'm glad you found FSB and you would definitely find that your years of experience would be an added advantages to your learning process in your EA development via FSB.  I sincerely wish you all the best and do feel free to share and learn from one another, here in this unique and special forum, where most people are very helpful (rare to find such good quality forum).  Since Popov is so willing to share his talent so freely, let's us keep this spirit alive in this forum and help one another to succeed and be financial free to pursue our life's dreams and improve our quality of life.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you and I believe your expertise/experience would be a much advantage and added value to all of us here.

you are too kind! yes! a person like Popov is very rare.....so generous and helpful. yes we should help him. let me think about it and perhaps you can start a thread with this as the subject and others could also help.

Popov also is a genius to have developed such a software that is so simple to use....