Topic: Limit Orders based on Highs and Lows of Previous Time Periods

I am brand new to this forum and to FSB.  I have a strategy that I have developed and have been using for a few months.  I have back tested it manually with pen and paper but it is very slow and time consuming. I am trying to develop an analyzing tool that will determine the success / fail rate, or in other words the profitability of my strategy if it had been used over the past year.  It involves determining the high and low price range of that currency pair for a specific time period each day.  The same time period is used everyday.  Then I enter a Limit order - buy stop & sell stop - several pips above and below that determined high low range from the previous period.  At the same time, I enter an automatic Take Profit and Stop Loss.  I use the same value for the TP & SL every day.  Some days don't get filled.  Some days fill and take profit. Some fill and hit a loss.  The more I ask for on the TP the more likely I am to also hit a SL.
Does FSB have the ability for me to design such a tester?

Re: Limit Orders based on Highs and Lows of Previous Time Periods

Hey,

You don't design a tester, you build your strategy and see the backtest result in real-time.

I think it is better to get specific with what you want to achieve strategy-wise. Explanation with pics would be the best. I'm not sure if I get you right and secondly if it's an easy setup or needs some custom touch.

Re: Limit Orders based on Highs and Lows of Previous Time Periods

If you could be a little more specific with the inputs and exits. the thing looks relatively simple to design.

We would need to know also the trading hours.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....