Topic: fractal idea

The idea is like that.
Candle breaks the previous up fractal and close above it. Open short position  with the open of the new candle  and close position  with the candle close .
Any idea how can i fix this strategy.
Good i think for binary option.

Re: fractal idea

Before you can fix it, you should build it!

A blast from the past should help you - http://forexsb.com/forum/post/20890/#p20890

i dont think that the fractals indicators in the repository can help to this strategy . Thanks any way!!

fskliris wrote:

i dont think that the fractals indicators in the repository can help to this strategy . Thanks any way!!

I don't know what you are talking about, I pointed to the indi in the post... Anyhow, thanks to you I found critical errors in it, I fixed them and it is much better now, thank you! By the way, your idea has some potential to it, but probably too little for actual trading purpose.

Post's attachments

grk.JPG
grk.JPG 5.43 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-12-19 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Ok the indi works good now . Please see that i whant to use it for binary options trading.
and what i care is the max consecutive losses ( not more than 5 or 4 ) . And thats why i double the bet in every loss i make . Please check the idea and tell me .

Seems like Martingale, the verdict is that it is a blowup sooner or later. I thought of win/loss ratio as a more better approach, hmm, I'll think about it more.

I know about the problemes that Martingale may bring . Right now ia am checking the trades for over 200 000  candles and the results . I think that if some dont happen in 200000 candles of test , will not happen ever . Anyway thanks !! Waiting of your thinking and ideas

I am a bit skeptical re Martingale applications, I use the volume increase to get my thrills.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I am a bit skeptical re Martingale applications, I use the volume increase to get my thrills.

Great idea, Dave! Tell us more, Fskliris is obviously anxious to know as well. smile

i just start with a modest lot size, use repeat 5 times and allow the size to grow to some huge number.

No magic.

Sometimes I get 20 adds.

This will all be better when we have a workable trailing stop.

I have a couple MT5 ea's with Martingale and they are lovely, I mean they are really impressive.. until they are not

And, sadly, I learned the hard way to leave the Martingale alone.

I think most people have to get burned before they see the reality, hopefully on a small account.

Can you anticipate martingale failure? It would be interesting to run the numbers and see whether there are signs. I haven't used martingale in 6 years and stayed away from it in every sense, I'm wondering does that sudden drop occur in FSB backtests also?

12 (edited by fskliris 2015-12-21 17:10:34)

I prefere binary options . Just predict next candle .
Using candle setups i think its better .
And i dont think that the previous bet is comperable with binary.
If i bet 5 time the same bet and win , if the next is a losser i just lose it all.
If we find a set up that happens most of the time then beting adding to lossers may bring profits

There are always spikes to be aware of, just imagine a huge position being caught in a spike like the chf event and the stop loss being missed by the broker.

I would have no idea as to what to use to run the numbers and would not really be interested in devoting the time.

Someone equipped with Matlab would be better suited to doing a study like that.