forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → can not open order on backtest

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by boyles 2015-11-22 13:57:40)

Topic: can not open order on backtest

https://youtu.be/VJMsvJZouN0

I exported EA for MT4 then no order open (at the Left Top of the screen, any of the number doesn't change).

I tried to use EA on another computer. order opened and it worked.

I don't know what is the problem on this computer? please help.

thank you.

Re: can not open order on backtest

MetaQuotes is the worst company from the user point of view.

There is a critical bug in the latest (910) that makes the Tester useless. The bug is reported several times in their forum.

We can only hope that they will fix it soon.

Thank you very much. Since Backtest doesn't work, Can I still use EA running on Real trade?

boyles wrote:

Thank you very much. Since Backtest doesn't work, Can I still use EA running on Real trade?

Of course you can! Furthermore, with FSB you have the backtester already at hand.

Meta Traders is the world's second worst strategy backtester. It is only tiny better than Win RAR, which is absolutely useless on that purpose. Win RAR at least can make your EA smaller.

I wonder what drives people to use MT's tester? Because it is so slow, hence it adds more credibility like it's doing an awful lot of things?

Footon, MT backtester was slow till the previous release. Now it is dead.

However, you are right. Probably, I have to add a "Calculate" button, to make FSB 1000 times slower and 3 times more expensive. Then, it will be more creditable.

One further development of the FSB project will be the integration to other forex platforms.
There are one such an effort already to integrate FSB to Jforex: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3843/jforex-fst-bridge/

Popov wrote:

MetaQuotes is the worst company from the user point of view.

There is a critical bug in the latest (910) that makes the Tester useless. The bug is reported several times in their forum.

We can only hope that they will fix it soon.

One further development of the FSB project will be the integration to other forex platforms.

It is true. We cannot rely entirely on Meta Trader.

However I prefer NinjaTrader instead of JForex. Ninja Trader has a new upcoming release - v8. They announced a long term support for at least 10 years for that release, so I think it is a good point for investment. Other possible variants are Quick Trader (it's a new platform currently in development) and cAlgo. All these three use C# and I'll try making the exported strategies working without any change in the indicators. It is much better than the proprietary MQL especially when there is no guarantee that our EAs and indicators will work tomorrow.

MetaQuotes announced MetaTrader v920 and we can only hope that the testing of experts will work again (of course this is necessary only for debuging indicators and not for backtest analysis).

11 (edited by GD 2015-11-25 14:45:22)

Once I started with FSB I believed that mql code is a must. Now I prefer to use only bridge and cs code in indicators.
I do not care with mql so much any more.
Relative to results I do not have yet but I do also another job.
The reason is that and not FSB. Brokers make many tricks. Monte Carlo is very useful to understand what happens with brokers and stay with them or find another one.
FSB gives opportunities to make the gambling more realistic for the trader.
By using it he can understand many things. I do not know any other software to offer so many ideas at so short time.

I just need to see Editor button, Compilation button and Save button to each of the Strategy Labels to change a bit indicators.

Relative to logics. I think we need to add some common logics used to any indicator and a smoothing indicator used to every indi a common way.

MT4 build 920 available. Backtest obviously works again ....

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → can not open order on backtest