Topic: Help on Setting up a SMA Cross Over Strategy

I'm new to the FSB tool. I find it quite fascinating but wished some features were included and made simple to operate.

I find it quite difficult to setup strategies with indicators and get the desired results.

I need a guide on how to test a strategy using the moving average method below:

1: When 10 SMA crosses below the 30 EMA then sell (SHORT TERM STRATEGY)
2. (LONG TERM STRATEGY) When step 1 is reached and a 200 SMA crosses above the candles then SELL and dont stop until the 200 SMA crosses below the candle and 10 SMA crosses above the 30 EMA.

Quite easy to setup on an MT4 platform. But i needed a simulator or tester to perfect this strategy

Re: Help on Setting up a SMA Cross Over Strategy

Thanks a lot for the xplanations.

I'm new to the FSB tool and I find it quite fascinating but wished some features were made simple to operate. I had thought it would be a simulator where one can simulate a trade scenerio and make orders (BUY & SELL) offline with the FX data testing various indicators and tweaking settings to improve a strategy.

I find it quite difficult to setup strategies with indicators and get the desired results especially with multiple logical combinations of indicators.

I need a guide on how to test a strategy using the moving average method below:

1: When 10 SMA crosses below the 30 EMA then sell (SHORT TERM STRATEGY)

2. (LONG TERM STRATEGY) When step 1 is reached and a 200 SMA crosses above the candles then SELL and dont stop until the 200 SMA crosses below the candle and 10 SMA crosses above the 30 EMA which is like a reverse for a BUY.

Quite easy to setup on an MT4 platform. But i needed a simulator or tester to perfect this strategy which i'm finding difficult with the FSB tool.

I know this is not part of the logic of your design but i'd wished i could setup my indicators on a chart like a drop and drag feature and click on a BUY or SELL to watch a simulation of the trade like a live market scenerin and make instant tweaks or settings to improve the strategy.

Lastly i noticed fractional lots are not enabled or included in the lot size options which limits a startegy's desired output. I also noticed that when i conducted a backtest on an MT4, the results are different using the FSB tool. I'm sure my lack of understanding of the tool might be the cause.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot.
But i had to revert to a tool which has improved its functionality recently and has the excat features to study strategies.

It has all the functions and close similarity to a real forex platform MT4.

Its like trading on a real demo while taking control of the speed, time, playback, buy & sell and the use of all MT4 components incoporated in the tool.

The advantage is that you can try out a strategy no matter the lenght of timeframe involved even a One Year data can be studied and analysed in minutes while watching the bars and scenerios live with the ability to pause it, go back, buy sell and do just anything you would do on a real MT4 platform.

The only problem is that its quite costly so i got a demo with limited functionality.

The FSB tool seem too mathemactical and not too flexible to operate.

Sure the tool can be found in this link: www.forextester.com

I had been using the previous demo version but didnt like it because it limited me to test less data with fewer features for studying strategies, so i had to search for another tool and that was how i bumped into the FSB tool.

Apparently the complexity of the FSB tool made me search again for another tool and that was how i found out that the Forextester had improved their tool which i confirmed.

But the price again is still quite high for me to buy so i'm using the demo version which allows only a months data to be tested and used for strategy development.

Its a very nice tool in terms of simplicity and built like the real MT4 Platform. i wish i could get some funds to purchase the full version, its worth it.

so check it out www.forextester.com