forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Premium Club → Backtest Forexsb Historical DATA

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-02 07:30:43)

Topic: Backtest Forexsb Historical DATA

Was wondering when generating a strategy is there a way to exclude all the days in the data when there were  major economic news so the generator while only use history data with no news?

Re: Backtest Forexsb Historical DATA

There is no such indicator available.
If you have a list with the past or future news dates, you can make a simple yes/no indicator to do the job.

3 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-02 07:28:07)

Not an indicator i am referring to the historical data used to generate a strategy , the historical data contains data also from days where major news caused sharp spikes when they were released. The key is to avoid using that data .

For example during 2014 i want the Forexsb generator to exclude all the dates in its testing when EURUSD was affected by major economic news such as the screenshot below and only used historical data which have  major economic news period excluded hence this can affect the strategy generated due to the fact it will take into account historical data that were generated by news.

http://i.imgsafe.org/696c39e.jpg

Popov wrote:

There is no such indicator available.
If you have a list with the past or future news dates, you can make a simple yes/no indicator to do the job.

Post's attachments

news1.jpg 67.14 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Load the data into excel, develop a scan for the relevant dates and delete those.

Probably a certain day each week is what you wish to eliminate and similarly for each pair.

Maybe you can ask Footon if he can prepare such a filter for FSBPro

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Was thinking perhaps on the Data Horizon in ForexSB you could select each individual dates you wanted to use to generate a strategy and not just a whole chunk, therefore filtering the unwanted dates. I think its a weakness using all the data instead of filtering precisely the dates you wish to use for the generator , i have generated good strategies  with fine tuned historical data filters back in the past when i had access to good trading software at my  previous work place.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Load the data into excel, develop a scan for the relevant dates and delete those.

Probably a certain day each week is what you wish to eliminate and similarly for each pair.

Maybe you can ask Footon if he can prepare such a filter for FSBPro

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Premium Club → Backtest Forexsb Historical DATA