1 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-06-23 15:50:24)

Topic: Heiken ashi candle

Hello Popov

I am trying a simple opening candle logic based on previous Heiken ashi  candles red for bearish and white for bullish , but cannot find a opening logic based on candle sequence

For example i want a logic such as :

open long if  5 previous candles were bearish and following next 2 closed candle were bullish

If sequence of 5 red closed  heiken ashi candle + 2 closed bull heikenshi candle --> Take long on new position

How can i add this logic in the indicator

I added a picture to demonstrate

Post's attachments

heiken1.jpg
heiken1.jpg 35.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Heiken ashi candle

Several days ago I uploaded a Candle Color indicator: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5381/candle-color/

You can use it in two slots:

[Opening Logic Condition]
     Candle Color
     Black Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  5
     Signal shift  -  2

Candle Color
     White Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  2
     Signal shift  -  0

The first one checks for 5 black bars formed 2 bars ago (Signal shift = 2).
The second slot check for 2 white bars.

However this indicator works for normal Japanese Candles.
It can be easily modified for Heiken Ashi bars.

Thank you for prompt reply

How do you modify it for heiken ashi bars?

Do we need to put a value in min body height?

Popov wrote:

Several days ago I uploaded a Candle Color indicator: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5381/candle-color/

You can use it in two slots:

Candle Color
     Black Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  5
     Signal shift  -  2

Candle Color
     White Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  2
     Signal shift  -  0

The first one checks for 5 black bars formed 2 bars ago (Signal shift = 2).
The second slot check for 2 white bars.

However this indicator works for normal Japanese Candles.
It can be easily modified for Heiken Ashi bars.

Here is a setup that I trade manually every day using Renko bars, really similar to this discussion

http://s23.postimg.org/kes08dqxj/Dave_M_0188.jpg

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

So how do you modify it to work on heiken ashi candle?

Hmmmmmmm  Renko bars are most difficult to work with in an EA. I have attempted to codee them manually and failed.

I think some guys have done of with it, but I have not succeeded.

The Strategy Quant guy says he has something for Renko Bars but I have not seen what it actually does.

I use that chart to trade with manually on quite a few pairs.

I have not had an opportunity so far to work with the candle tools in FSBPro, maybe they can be somehow adapted.

Popov can you tell me how to get  the indicator Heikin-Ashi to work with the logic and not use normal candles?

Do we need to put a value in min body height?

muplayer2000 wrote:

Popov can you tell me how to get  the indicator Heikin-Ashi to work with the logic and not use normal candles?

You have to add a code that calculates the HA bars. Later, you have to modify the indicator to use the calculated HA bars instead of the Japanese Candles.

Understood but i am not a coder i doubt many of us are hence we use Forexsb tool for simplicity rather than complexity.

There is a heiken ashi indicator in Forexsb but lacks the parameter i described above and below  , you could perhaps  add the following required parameter to it so that we can use heiken ashi candles strategies, i am sure others will find it useful aswell , i appreciate a solution to this.

Heikin-Ashi Candle Color
     Black Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  5
     Signal shift  -  2
     Heikin-Ashi Candle Color
     White Candle formed
     Consecutive candles  -  2
     Signal shift  -  0
Popov wrote:
muplayer2000 wrote:

You have to add a code that calculates the HA bars. Later, you have to modify the indicator to use the calculated HA bars instead of the Japanese Candles.

You might have to make a post on Footon's Indicator thread and ask if he is interested in making such an indicator.

Popov is working on the program and is leaving the indicator development to the user community, that is why he is developing the custom indicator thread.

Footon has acquired quite a bit of expertise in indicator development.......  ask his thoughts , he may charge a fee depending on the complexity of the indicator.

11 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-06-26 06:21:08)

Hi

We not talking about a custom indicator here, i am talking about the default Heiken ashi indicator in meta-trader , this is the same indicator in the default directory of indicators in Forexsb, Popov has this indicator already in his Forexsb  software logic yet  the logic lacks color sequence parameter which are a necessity when dealing with candles color and i am surprised it has not been included. Without this you just given half the tool you need and the other half missing.

Blaiserboy wrote:

You might have to make a post on Footon's Indicator thread and ask if he is interested in making such an indicator.

Popov is working on the program and is leaving the indicator development to the user community, that is why he is developing the custom indicator thread.

Footon has acquired quite a bit of expertise in indicator development.......  ask his thoughts , he may charge a fee depending on the complexity of the indicator.

i am talking about the default Heiken ashi indicator in meta-trader

Popov has this indicator already in his Forexsb  software logic yet  the logic lacks color sequence parameter which are a necessity when dealing with candles color and i am surprised it has not been included.

Dear muplayer2000,
Can you show me the MT's Heiken Ashi color sequence functionality?
Is it included in MT?

The only Heiken Ashi that I see in Metatrader is some custom indicators that are not always programmed well.

I use them for trading manually with Renko, they are pretty on a chart, however, I am not so sure that they would be accurate to use in an automated strategy as they are a derivative of something else.

The Heiken Ashi of FSB is developed by specific formula.

Arturo Perez, who has programmed many accurate strategies for MT5 and MT4  claims that MT4 Heiken Ashi is a travesty.

I think we are wrong to want to be using color HA bar, better to be using the OHLC of the bar based on how the indicator has been developed.  I am pretty sure it was not developed to resemble perfectly the HA indicators in MT4 custom indicators, instead was created based on math only.

Hi @Popov the opening logic Candle you added is not working, i tested it and it does not activate any trade regardless of candle color sequence whether its black or white.

Do you have to change the color of the candle on your graph for it to work?

the opening logic Candle you added is not working

Can you post a strategy and a screenshots for the problem?

16 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-02 07:10:12)

Sure , i managed to get it to work but

Logic
Opening (Entry Signal)
Open a new long position at the beginning of the bar when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:

2 black candles are formed; and 
2 white candles are formed. 
Open a new short position at the beginning of the bar when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:

2 white candles are formed; and 
2 black candles are formed. 

As you can see on the screenshot , it generated a buy order when it was not supposed to according to the logic

Popov wrote:

the opening logic Candle you added is not working

Can you post a strategy and a screenshots for the problem?

Post's attachments

wrong signal order.jpg
wrong signal order.jpg 29.02 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-07-02 

Can you post your strategy?

The Overview doesn't show the Signal shift parameters. Do you us it?

18 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-03 01:24:37)

Sure .

Popov wrote:

Can you post your strategy?

The Overview doesn't show the Signal shift parameters. Do you us it?

Post's attachments

Candles.xml 10.29 kb, 14 downloads since 2015-07-03 

According to the strategy logic, you have long entry when there are:
- 2 consecutive black candles  2 bars ago; and
- 2 consecutive white candles after that.

Why do you think the long order is wrong? Do you have two black candles before the two white?
The short order is correct. It comes after two white candles and  two black candles.

20 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-07-05 14:44:08)

Yes but the EA as you can see on the chart i attached put a buy order on that green line and did not respect the logic, they were  white candle before those 2 white candle and not black yet it executed a buy order. The short order was correct 2 previous white candle  candle then 2 black --> on third candle it executed a sell

Popov wrote:

According to the strategy logic, you have long entry when there are:
- 2 consecutive black candles  2 bars ago; and
- 2 consecutive white candles after that.

Why do you think the long order is wrong? Do you have two black candles before the two white?
The short order is correct. It comes after two white candles and  two black candles.

Please send the actual strategy file to Popov in email so that he can load it on his machine and see what the error seems to be.

That will be a quick and dirty solution.

I have already. it is attached on my previous post.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Please send the actual strategy file to Popov in email so that he can load it on his machine and see what the error seems to be.

That will be a quick and dirty solution.