Topic: Do you want in EA: Random Magic Number; Log Files = on

Hello traders,

It's a lovely Saturday morning in Varna and it's an excellent time to discuss some ideas.

1. An random Magic number of exported EA.

Users periodically report conflicts between the experts running on similar charts. Of course, the problem is that they forgot to set unique Magic Numbers to their experts. The role of the Magic Number is to make the tracking of the deals from the different experts possible. If they use one and the same number, the experts cannot distinguish their deals from the deal made by another expert.

My idea is to make FSB setting a random Magic Number when export an EA. This will help the novice traders to avoid conflicts. It will be also possible to change that number manually from the expert's options on start-up.

2. Writing log file on by default.

The exported EAs can write additional log file containing more detailed info for the internal work of the EA. Do you want the log files to be switched on by default?
I don't think it will bring to overload but I'm not sure. Currently you have to switch the log file manually and it happens some times that they are off exactly when you want to check something.

Re: Do you want in EA: Random Magic Number; Log Files = on

1. Absolutely valid point! Proposed addition will increase reliability, so worth definitely going for. In one sense it is bad that traders are forgetting the magic number, on the other if we have automation at such a high level (generate an EA just by a flick of a switch) one naturally gets "lazy" or expects things to work right out of the box. Automatic random magic number should be manually changeable though.

2. I'm speaking of personal experience and that's negative about logs. Although it's not hard for a code tinker like me to change the EA source to turn logging off by default.

Somewhere I have a batch file that will go through and delete all of the logs. They do use space after a while.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hi
Can I still make a comment.

So you can label the Eas itself

Thank Pit

So you can label the Eas itself

Hello Pit,

How can we label the EAs?