Topic: Pre-Sale Questions

Hi,

Interested in your software but have some questions.

1) Can I use custom indicators for random strategy generation?
2) Can I export after-test trading results in csv or any other format?

Thanks!

Re: Pre-Sale Questions

3) Can I use compiled ex4 files as custom indicators?
4) Can I export strategy as an indicator?

Also if someone can compare the software with Strategy Quant (http://www.strategyquant.com/) that would be great!

> 1) Can I use custom indicators for random strategy generation?

Yes, you can. We have more than 50 custom indicators in our repository.

> 2) Can I export after-test trading results in csv or any other format?

You can export the journal to an Excel spreadsheet. Use the green "excel" button.

> 3) Can I use compiled ex4 files as custom indicators?
I think you cannot without heavy modifications because FSB Pro exports expert advisors.

> 4) Can I export strategy as an indicator?

That was available in the legacy FSB. I removed that option from FSB Pro because the exported expert was a "static" indicator. That means it was not possible to be used for trading.

> Also if someone can compare the software with Strategy Quant (http://www.strategyquant.com/) that would be great!

I cannot speak for them, but I can tell you for FSB Pro.

Our support is fast. You receive answers directly from the developers. We fix confirmed bugs in hours.
FSB was copyrighted on 2006 and we have great experience in creating backtesters.
Actually we gave the therm "Forex Strategy".
Our backtester is designed to protect the traders. A proof is that we tell the users when a backtest is not 100% reliable - "Ambiguous bars".

dedok3000 wrote:

Also if someone can compare the software with Strategy Quant (http://www.strategyquant.com/) that would be great!

I am working for Forex Software so I cannot speak of Strategy Quant, since they might take legal actions towards us. However I can speak of an imaginative program that could exist somewhere in a remote universe. You take it as you wish. Let's name this  imaginative non-existing program "Star Quark" or something smile

+ add what Popov said about FSB Pro and read this.

Speed
- FSB Pro tends to generate much more strategies in a given time compared to Star Quark. Star Quark takes hours to generate a single strategy, FSB Pro takes seconds to get a profitable one on the screen.

Quality of EA code
- Star Quark seems to have much more simplified EA code, and simplicity in code is not always good, especially when it comes to something as complex as forex trading.

Ability to edit strategies.
- Star Quark does not seem to let you to edit strategies, indicators or parameters, it only generates and exports EA-s
- FSB Pro lets you edit your strategies on pretty much all levels, and see the backtest in real time, which also shows the profit on historical data. etc. In such terms FSB Pro is much more advanced and lets the user either generate strategies and choose from them or create strategies by hand, as well as edit generated strategies. So pretty much Star Quark is a cookie-cutter type of solution.
++ you can use your own indicators with FSB Pro.

Comunity / Help
  FSB Pro:
     - there is a forum with a ton of questions and answers that you can search, speaking in the thousands here.
     - Full technical documentation of the software http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/start
     - Hours of video footage about using the program. http://forexsb.com/wiki/videos ( Popov is constantly adding new videos, last one 2 days ago, you might be interested since he is trading strategies with REAL money in the series. Check youtube channel and subscribe there  for new videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNFQN2 … EgwQeo9zpQ )

Star Quark
     - has a text user guide. Probably they have support via email too, but cannot speak of public resources.

Price
- our imaginative Star friend has a price of about 700 USD for the simplest version.
- current price of FSB pro is about 225 USD

Have a great day!

7 (edited by dedok3000 2015-02-25 12:47:40)

yavor99 wrote:

you can use your own indicators with FSB Pro

Thanks a lot for yours and mr. Popov's very fast replies, I really like the Forex Strategy Builder, it's fast and clean BUT this feature is what I really need and I can't find it in FSB... I only found an editor where I can program new indicators but I'm not a programmer smile

In "Star Quark" there is a way to import ANY indicator's data directly from MT4 and then generate strategies with them. It's really useful because I need a lot of non-standart indicators. Again, not just built-in indicators but ANY other indicators.

I don't care about the price, seriously smile I just need this feature and ready to pay for it...

Any solution? Thanks smile

From what I know people report much better profits with standard indicators.
>> I don't know if it is because of possible bugs in custom indicators (which is possible of course: any code not tested by thousands of people and not debugged for a few years is not "fit" from a programmer perspective).
>> The other possible reason for this might because many traders , are using standard indicators to trade (manually and automatically). So when strategies use standard indicators they are more likely to be going with the trend, which is the main idea.

I don't know why you might need custom indicators but if you do need there is indicators forum here, you can ask for each of them, post code if you wish. So someone might rewrite it in c#.

9 (edited by dedok3000 2015-02-25 14:17:16)

yavor99 wrote:

From what I know people report much better profits with standard indicators.
>> I don't know if it is because of possible bugs in custom indicators (which is possible of course: any code not tested by thousands of people and not debugged for a few years is not "fit" from a programmer perspective).
>> The other possible reason for this might because many traders , are using standard indicators to trade (manually and automatically). So when strategies use standard indicators they are more likely to be going with the trend, which is the main idea.

I don't know why you might need custom indicators but if you do need there is indicators forum here, you can ask for each of them, post code if you wish. So someone might rewrite it in c#.

Well.. thanks. The question was if I can do it by myself without any help. Thanks anyway.. Add this feature in the new updates please smile

FSB Pro is the best software for creating forex strategies.

I cannot imagine how a piece of software will take a random MT custom indicator and will use it properly. The MT indicators return simply arrays of data without any logical rules. How the hell a program knows what is the purpose of that indicator? Contrary to that, the FSB indicators have a predefined rules designed specially for that indicator. Our generator uses that predefined rules and we are sure the indicators are used properly.

Popov wrote:

FSB Pro is the best software for creating forex strategies.

I cannot imagine how a piece of software will take a random MT custom indicator and will use it properly. The MT indicators return simply arrays of data without any logical rules. How the hell a program knows what is the purpose of that indicator? Contrary to that, the FSB indicators have a predefined rules designed specially for that indicator. Our generator uses that predefined rules and we are sure the indicators are used properly.

Of course, you set the entry rules for custom indicators in that software smile

The prefefined rules make it a lot easier and more reliable for testing, there is uniformity. This reduces curve fitting.

Strategy Quant is pretty fancy.......... support is actually crappy and it takes a year and a day to get a strategy. You can not actually build a strategy, everything is optimized... meaning that everything is curve fitted.

What is important is, that curve fitting be reduced to minimums.....

I have used Strategy Quant a lot..... it is a bit too clunky.

Best thing you can do is use it a lot for a few weeks and determine your own results.

As far as indicators...... I use the package that comes with FSBPro, there are enough there to do whatever a person needs, in fact, I have set most of them aside and do not use them.

Experience will tell you that there are three or four indicators that will give you consistently what you require to make a nice living............ chasing after the newest wonder indicator is a waste of your time.

If you will use what is in FSBPro and learn to maximize it, you will have all you need without cluttering it with another hundred indicators.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....