Topic: Take Profit ATR Exists

I'm trying to configure the following exit to my strategy but can seem to fins a way to do this:

Stop Loss level:
        (ATR Value*1.5 + Trade open price) + 10 PIPS

Take Profit Level:
         (ATR Value*3 + Trade open price)

Re: Take Profit ATR Exists

I haven't been able to achieve this because indicator doesn't know trade opening price, only OHLCV data.

I think it can be done by modification of stoplimit indicator the logic is the same , right now i donot know how smile

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

I think it can be done by modification of stoplimit indicator the logic is the same , right now i donot know how smile

Ahmed, I haven't seen you for a very long time! How have you been?

Returning to the topic, are you pursuing the line you proposed? I'm waiting for your results.

You did spark an idea, I think I have thought about it before too, but I lacked the practical knowledge to check it out. But I have one thing in the arsenal for couple of months now. Maybe, just maybe, it can be done, how hard can it be, right? Hehee.

Hello footon
yes its long time , iam so busy these days but still following the forum from time to time
i will try but have no time right now

i have an approach and if you are kind enough as usual code it plz

My approach will be

1- make two ATR values Atrstop1 , Atrstop2 '' Like the Oscillator of ATR'' . but both will have the same smoothing numerical slot and also will share the numerical Multple source.

2- Add Extra two Numerical parameters each will be multiplied  with different ATRstop '' now we have ATRstop 1 ,2''.

3- use public override void from stoplimit indicator '' using the values from atrstop1,2 ''

I'm quite tight with the schedule too, probably will go or have to go offline for couple of months to have a fighting chance at least.

Overall my thinking goes along similar lines, but look at the stop limit source, I can't see a way to make it work this easily.

Then there's the question if stop limit can be overridden, if not then there's no chance.

I don't think it can be done now. But I have idea to move the integrated in the builder/trader  "special" code  to the indicators. I'm not sure when and how will make this, but I'll try.

But before that I have to make 20-30 tutorial videos for the program and to make documentation and infrastructure for developing custom indicators.

I also have been busy these weeks but hopefully I'll finish tomorrow and will return to my usual developing/learning/testing/documenting cycle.

Popov wrote:

I don't think it can be done now. But I have idea to move the integrated in the builder/trader  "special" code  to the indicators. I'm not sure when and how will make this, but I'll try.

But before that I have to make 20-30 tutorial videos for the program and to make documentation and infrastructure for developing custom indicators.

I also have been busy these weeks but hopefully I'll finish tomorrow and will return to my usual developing/learning/testing/documenting cycle.

A quick question - can standard stop limit be overridden?

A quick question - can standard stop limit be overridden?

You can, but I'm not sure how you can change the behavior.