Topic: Martingale.

I am working on a moving average strategy which has not been very good, many losses as can be expected from a moving average strategy.

I thought I would spice it up with the Martingale and selected 1.25 as the factor... You know, the number of consecutive losses turned out to be quite a few less, I was surprised.

It did not really improve my MA crossover strategy, although the generator may give some improvement as time passes.

This is the first time I have used Martingale on FSB Pro, I had to be out for a couple hours so I thought I would let the generator go wild.

My next 'experiment' will be to let the thing add positions along with the Martingale. I will add to this thread when I get some indication as to how that will turn out.

Stay tuned!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Martingale.

I use the Martigale strategy differently, I will select it before generating new strategy, often the strategy that survive need not have the Martigale checked ie if you turn off that option, it does not change the outcome of the strategy.

I kind of use it to weed out strategies that would not survive if you are gambling to try to recover the initial loss position. I think it make the final strategy more robust.

Re: Martingale.

I have not used Martingale in the past, so this is just an experiment....

It will take me a long time to use it enough to understand it.

Thanks for the tip!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....