Topic: Perfect strategy

I am new to this forum and to FSB. Thanks for a nice job!
Did anybody found any strategy which would be consistently profitable, i.e. would work on different time periods. Lets say default 2008 and newer in 2009?
I am looking for short term 5min strtategy, but could not successfuly generate one.

best

Re: Perfect strategy

no comments, I am a little surprised.
Is there anybody who optimizes one strategy in one time period and then goes to trade with real money?  Would be cool if you could share your experience.

what i did i took data for couple of years for EURUSD5min, divided it in something like 10 periods. Whenever I optimize one strategy in one period, it almost never works in other periods.

Could be that no static strategy is profitable consistently. Anybody has any experience with something like adaptive strategy building? looks like FSB has no such capabilities.

good luck

Generaly there is no perfect strategy for forex. But I have found the perfect forex trading strategy! Well at least looks that mode. However, I know all good thing must come to an end. And I know this strategy will not continue to churn away profits forever. I know better, really! However let's look at what I think is a perfect strategy.The perfect strategy would run while you are away on the golf course or rising a mountain or whatever floats your boat.

smile to get the perfect strategy for all time frames is challenging - every FX pair has a certain 'shape' unique to it - some traders only trade EURGBP - some USDJPY etc etc......yesterday i posted a strategy that only seems to be profitable for EURUSD 1H charts - when i tried it on a few others, it zero'd my balance....

some adaptive code would be long and complicated - even using neural networks which is multiple charts and indicators used in combination - but even that is not 'perfect'.....:)

almost all ( if all) indicators are lagging - this is the big problem for scalping methods like how u explained - but if this helps, using the RSI (4) can indicate when a strong move is about to occur - (but even still, nothing is perfect).

The trick to all this is having as many indicators as possible stacked in yr favour before you jump in on a trade - so i think patience is more the challenge to traders if anything - like a fisherman waiting for his catch.

hope this help!
smile

looks like W.Buffett was right saying "stop trading or you will end up broke"

This is how various trading strategies are compared, actually. A system that shows more profit during a specific period is said to be more efficient. Our personal experience with this new strategy, and the extensive tests we have run, all show it is ruthlessly efficient. In fact, we have noticed that if a trader will simply follow our forex strategy, they will succeed. I believe that Successful traders find a successful strategy and stick to it. Winning traders do not focus on the profit or loss of an individual trade. Instead, they feel successful when they identify a technique that works repeatedly.

to rosy, my point is not comparing systems in specific period. It looks to me that market is changing its character over time, therefore if system works in one period, it stops working in other. If you keep trading for long time with one system, terrible results are almost sure. I was wondering if anybody making money constantly in forex?

maxcamire wrote:

Generaly there is no perfect strategy for forex. But I have found the perfect forex trading strategy! Well at least looks that mode. However, I know all good thing must come to an end. And I know this strategy will not continue to churn away profits forever. I know better, really! However let's look at what I think is a perfect strategy.The perfect strategy would run while you are away on the golf course or rising a mountain or whatever floats your boat.

I guess you're right on this there is no perfect strategy but You certainly need to be disciplined and have a strategy and stick to it., I would suggest finding a site that will train you in their strategies for free. Makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk is good as they run a live portfolio so you can actually see if their strategies are making profit live. They send out a daily email each day with the trades. Best of luck with your trading.

9 (edited by House 2010-06-27 11:45:42)

There are just so many things to learn regarding different strategies but as for me I prefer a forex trading strategy where you are not in front of a computer all day waiting for trades to happen. It can be like watching paint dry. I also find that it is harder to keep your emotions in check when you do this. The most important thing when currency trading is to take the emotion out of it. Otherwise you won’t make any money trading. I prefer an end of day trading strategy as I place my trades at night and forget about it till next night at same time. A company I have found good for this is makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk as I can usually place the trades based on their strategy in 15-30 mins. I work full time and have a family so I can’t spend all day at screen nor would I want to.