Topic: Double Momentum Idea !!!

Hello
i modified the momentum indicator to be double momentum logics ut the problem that the second momentum override the 1st momentum !!! 

Question:  How to make both momentum values counted and keeping the structure of indicator with the two logics windows

Post's attachments

double momentum!!.gif
double momentum!!.gif 10.85 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Double Momentum Idea !!!

attached the indicator

Any ideas !!!

thanks in advance

Post's attachments

MomentumDouble.cs 15.04 kb, 7 downloads since 2014-01-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

3 (edited by footon 2014-01-05 13:41:53)

[...]

Come to think of it, for what elusive reason are you trying to do it? It has been done already in FSB. For learning purposes you might as well read the standard indi and introduce yourself with its coding and working principles.

hello footon
1-I noticed that we donot have any indicators use the same logic iam trying to code , and yes its already coded in FSB but having the same indicator repeated twice or three times in one code is slightly different from opening two or three instances of the same indicator .

'' in the double momentum indicator example you can force the two momentums to share some or all list parameters or numerical parameters which is not the case if we open them separately with FSB ''
1st its for education reasons .

2- 2nd yes iam in the learning phase from zero background so most of time i get stucked after i write or modified indicator , i get stucked in a very small part which may be easy for coders to notice

3- what ever i code or modify i send to repository for all members to use  so by helping guy like me in fixing his codes you add to the whole community smile

Hmm, I'm not speaking about 2 separate momentums, momentum oscillator is my meaning.

If you're still ploughing ahead with it, code its own custom logics. Plenty of examples in repo, FSB indi sources etc.

the problem with double momentum indicator it will contain two oscillator logics

1st:
OscillatorLogic(iFirstBar, iPrvs, adMomentum, 0, 0, ref Component[2], ref Component[3], indLogic); 

2nd:
OscillatorLogic(iFirstBar, iPrvs, adMomentum1, 0, 0, ref Component[2], ref Component[3], indLogic);

And the 2nd oscillator logic always override the 1st one  and my Question is How to prevent the overlap between the two logics '' i need each logic to work separately''

perhaps you will have to set up and plot two variables

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Separately, no, you can't do that in one indi. You can do it in 2 indicators.

You see, what you are trying to achieve needs to use both readings from both momentums, only then you can achieve your goal.

I thought about it some more, I'm still getting an impression you're re-inventing the bicycle. What can your indi do that momentum oscillator cannot?

footon wrote:

I thought about it some more, I'm still getting an impression you're re-inventing the bicycle. What can your indi do that momentum oscillator cannot?

you are right footon if i will use only two momentum !  also we can use a mix of other indicators

My idea behind that indicator structure is to build a platform that generate strategies by Comparing the different logics from the  five lists available

To Clarify my idea More :
Lets consider we open an indicator 5 times '' using FSB that indicator contain one list parameter''  the program will test the logic from the five opening slots '' which are in our case one list parameter repeated five times '' and in this case the last opening indicator signals will not override the previous opened four indicators  and results will be
(IndicaatorX Signal1 + IndicaatorX Signal2 + IndicaatorX Signal3 + ..........) = The Entry logic

So how we apply the same logic inside one indicator
Example:
(List parameter[1] +  List parameter[2] +......)= The Entry logic

in Momentum
List parameter[1]=Smoothing method
List parameter[2]=Base price

Simple+Close=Entry logic???

footon wrote:

in Momentum
List parameter[1]=Smoothing method
List parameter[2]=Base price

Simple+Close=Entry logic???

It seams i didnot explain well

When i refer to list parameters i mean the double momentum indicator

Listparam 1 = 1st momentum & listparam 2 = second momentum''or any other indicator''

So it will be 1st momentum+ 2nd momentum = Entry logic

The idea again :  when we open two instances of momentum the FSB inner code can manage to test the two oscillator logics of both indicators separately without overriding  , So how we could manage to do the same way but inside an indicator containing two momentums each using a different list parameter

I see, compare entry logics. Momentum oscillator covers most cases, if you want to get everything covered, custom logics is still the way to go.