1 (edited by slowkey 2013-05-21 19:08:05)

Topic: Generator Click box Beta 2.91

Popov,

I like the Beta so far of V3 but I do miss the generate new strategy click box being on the common page with the logic click boxes because it is so integral to how I work with the software. Constantly interacting with those 3 boxes until I get something I like. Otherwise what great new update. smile

Doug

Re: Generator Click box Beta 2.91

slowkey wrote:

Popov,

I like the Beta so far of V3 but I do miss the generate new strategy click box being on the common page with the logic click boxes because it is so integral to how I work with the software. Constantly interacting with those 3 boxes until I get something I like. Otherwise what great new update. smile

Doug

So I have to admit that this was a very naive statement. As I explore the RC beta version I realize how much greater function is possible in that the generate button can now be given customization by the custom sorting menu. So how you can use the generator is modified by the different sorting possibilities. So the generator becomes a more intelligent tool for the user.  Although you do not have to use custom sorting if you do it will now give you a multitude of new possibilities other than just profit to generate strategies.  It also means that those who have not been using the generator might want to take a new look at what it can contribute to strategy design or improvement of one already designed.

So  now becomes the task of the user to determine how best to use the new possibilities.

Oh the other thing I noticed. Popov this beta is fast. I did not realize I was running 20000 bars in the data horizon. Surprised me.