Topic: Excess volatility stop

you can control your advisers with the exit hour. You can set up to have an adviser to trade up to the announcement and then another to start after.....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

2 (edited by jgp 2013-03-20 23:48:10)

Re: Excess volatility stop

Please  finish. sounds interesting.  and whose hours? server hours? gmt? mountain daylight saving standard time

jgp wrote:

Please  finish. sounds interesting.  and whose hours? server hours? gmt? mountain daylight saving standard time

I guess you will have to work with it to develop what you want.

do you really not see the advantage of having a FST Stop Limit condition that contains the option of exiting asap an open position after encountering an unexpected order of magnitude surge in the number of ticks per second.  Does FSB or FST even have a mechanism for measuring the number of ticks per second.  Not total number of ticks or number of ticks per hour or number of ticks per day.  Number of ticks per second!!!

I use 50,000 bars to make my advisers....... it seems to account for the volatility, if you are using 60 minute or higher  bars.... there is no big deal re volatility.

You might have a look at MatLab regarding the more scientific applications.

I am not talking about FSB or even FST.  I am talking about having a Stop Limit that results in the FST Expert Advisor exiting an open position as soon as possible after All Hell Breaks loose on the Forex market.  When the number of ticks per second suddenly increases 1 or 2 orders of magnitude, I want out.  The price of a pair may spike up or it may spike down, or it may not do either, or it may spike one way  and then spike the other.  The next day we may find out what caused the order of magnitude up spikes in ticks per second, or we may not. If the MST EA took me out of the market, I couldn't care less what caused the spike.  At the present time, these sudden spikes happen frequently, more than several times a day, sometimes tripping trailing Stop Loss or Take Profit, and sometimes both,  settings. I'm not a programmer but how hard can it be? You set up a memory location with count zero.  You count the number of ticks for a second.  You get a number.  You set up a 2nd memory location with count zero.  You count the number of ticks for a second.  You get a second number.  Suppose that 2nd number is 10 or a 100 times the 1st number.  If you don't like surprises or are risk adverse -- Exit the open position. ASAP   If the number in the 2nd position is not 10 or 100 times the 1st, set up a 3rd etc.  Start all over at the end of a minute.  Rinse. Repeat.

7 (edited by jgp 2013-03-22 18:39:36)

Well, an internet search for #ticks/SEC measurements of Forex currency pairs suggests that excess volatility is more like a factor of 2-4 times the average #ticks/SEC for a 1M bar, rather than 1-2 orders of magnitude more.