Re: random entries

Obviously jgp is not well-versed in statistics, but maybe a better way to put it is to --- Exit the Trade when the "excess" #ticks/sec is 1 or more standard deviations above the statistical mean of some constantly updated base period.  Or depending upon the time interval [millisec, tenth of second, second, whatever] of the #ticks/time-interval, maybe it's a deviation of 1 or more, followed by a another deviation of 1 or more from the successive statistical mean that results in the exit.  In any case, as Footon says, all we need for the MT4FST Input tab is a rough way to specify what constitutes an 'excess' #ticks/time.

27 (edited by jgp 2013-03-17 17:08:33)

It's hard for jgp to understand why many members of the community use the increase in "volume" [effectively #ticks/unit-time] indicator to trigger opening a position, while I seem to be the only member who thinks it might be a useful trigger for closing an open position.  Master Popov says it would be easy to add such a trigger to the  FST Expert.  Alternately, it might be possible to add it to the Stop Limit indicator which apparently now keeps track of the price value of each tick and exits the open trade when the SL or TP setting is reached.  If most members of the community don't want the "excess volatility" trigger on the FST EA, aren't there more than a few members who would like a revised Stop Limit indicator?  if it can be done?

No.  Adding a volume exit to Stop Limit indicator won't do, since that indicator "trails once a bar".  To be effective against low volume raids or against high volume market panic spikes all these low or high activity triggered exits will have to be on the FST EA "inputs" tab.

My bad..  upon further investigation, I conclude that "trails once a bar" simply means that the exit criteria appropriate to the previous bar is used when considering whether to trigger an exit [ tick by tick?] of an open position during the current bar, not waiting till the end of the bar.  So I conclude that in principle it should be possible to add a "percentage increase in volatility" limit to the Stop Limit indicator  used for  triggering the Closing Point of the position.

no member of the forum seems interested in a #ticks/sec indicator but on off chance someone is, here is one coded in something called ELD.  http://hightick.com/Tradestation/Indica … index.html