Topic: Great System: But how do I set it up in FSB

I have been trying to get FSB to work on a system that a friend of mine uses. The problem is I need logic like "RSI was above 70 within the last 10 bars" and "Stochastics crossed within the last 10 bars". At the moment, the way the logic slots are setup these things have to happen simultaneously to trigger a trade.

This is basically the system.

1. Look for the RSI to close above 70.
then
2. Look for a cross of the slow stochastic.
then
3.Look for the MACD cross. This is the point you enter the trade which in this case is short. I have attached a picture showing the sequence.

The thing is these three indicator setups must occur in order but there is a time lag between them happening. This is why the extra logic would be useful and should go something like:-

Enter Short when
MACD Crosses downwards
AND
Slow Stochastic was crossed within the last 20 bars
AND
RSI was above 70 between 20 and 30 bars ago.

Any ideas?

http://s15.postimage.org/6px1vjyvb/Snap_2012_09_18_09_05_46_002.jpg

Re: Great System: But how do I set it up in FSB

Hey Spidey, not only can you scale tall buildings, but you can read minds! 

I have been trading exactly the way your friend does for a while with good results, however I have been using CCI sometime instead of RSI, but the two are really interchangeable.  There is a thread on FF titled the Symphonie Method, which is a similar style since it establishes an overbought / oversold region, and then triggers  the position on a different set of indicators.  The Symphony Method uses different indis, however the methodology is the same as your friends' method.

To make a long story short, I am looking for robots / EA's to try and duplicate this approach, however still no success.  I am in the process of learning MQL4 to write the indi for an MT4 platform, and then I'll learn C+ to convert it to an FSB indi.  I am giving myself 6 months for this little project if my wife doesn't kill me....

I'll post the indi when I finish, however it would be great if some program guru could write the indi and spare me the pain. 

Cheers, mate

Pete.

The best I have managed to do is set up alerts on MT4 and then eyeball the entry to enter manually.

Well, that's already not bad at all!

I can't say so much. Would you share your MT4 alerts and SL,TP ideas?

Thanks in advance

SpiderMan wrote:

The best I have managed to do is set up alerts on MT4 and then eyeball the entry to enter manually.

Mickaelfx wrote:

Well, that's already not bad at all!

I can't say so much. Would you share your MT4 alerts and SL,TP ideas?

Thanks in advance

SpiderMan wrote:

Sure, all the code for the alerts is here:- http://codebase.mql4.com/ just search for RSI alert, stochastic alert and macd cross alert. You can also plot arrows on the chart so you can check the sequence is in the correct order.

SL & TP. That's worthy of a thread all by itself!