Topic: Autotrading with Zulutrade

Hello guys,

any experience with the zulutrade and its traders? I am new to the system and could use some help....

Re: Autotrading with Zulutrade

Zulutrade is a good trading software for auto trading. It provides trading signals as well.

Hope to hear thoughts about ZuluTrade... I'm currently with SPAM and is still open to hear new ideas.

kevin.johnson1366 wrote:

Hope to hear thoughts about ZuluTrade... I'm currently with SPAM and is still open to hear new ideas.

What do you mean by "I'm currently with SPAM"?

Forum software has a "Censoring" feature. It replaces a predefined spam keywords with the SPAM word.

Thanks Popov to clear my confusion. It is a nice feature to stop spamming in forum. I think, some other forums also should use it.

Hi All,

1. This is my live trading account linked to Forex Factory trade explorer. Live Trading results:

http://www.forexfactory.com/xtrader101

2. I decided to be a signal provided at Zulutrade to generate extra income. Zulutrade Trading Results. Search for my SP name: FXturtle

If you have the chance, please visit my Zulutrade accounts and if you like what you see, please follow me in a DEMO for at least 4 to 8 weeks, to see if you like my trading style.

Highlights of my trading style:

- Swing trader. Some positions are open for 2 to 4 weeks until TP is reached
- Maximum TP is 800 pips
- SL are between 60 to 150 pips, which depends on support / resistance levels
- No overtrading. Average trades per month is between 10 - 15
- Maximum open positions is 6 ( 3 shorts and 3 longs). Hedge positions is only for winning trades. No hedging for losing trades

Post's attachments

October 10, 2012.JPG 83.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

fxturtle wrote:

Hi All,

1. This is my live trading account linked to Forex Factory trade explorer. Live Trading results:

http://www.forexfactory.com/xtrader101

2. I decided to be a signal provided at Zulutrade to generate extra income. Zulutrade Trading Results. Search for my SP name: FXturtle

If you have the chance, please visit my Zulutrade accounts and if you like what you see, please follow me in a DEMO for at least 4 to 8 weeks, to see if you like my trading style.

Highlights of my trading style:

- Swing trader. Some positions are open for 2 to 4 weeks until TP is reached
- Maximum TP is 800 pips
- SL are between 60 to 150 pips, which depends on support / resistance levels
- No overtrading. Average trades per month is between 10 - 15
- Maximum open positions is 6 ( 3 shorts and 3 longs). Hedge positions is only for winning trades. No hedging for losing trades

Hi,

it does look promising but the accounts have only couple of trades. I would say it is to early to evaluate them.

Since I'm a new Zulutrade SP, that's the reason, I would like potential followers to follow me on a demo for 8 weeks. I think 8 weeks would be sufficient to see the ups and downs of my trading. However, you can follow me on a demo for as long as you want until you'll get comfortable of the way I trade.

Are you auto trading with FST?

SpiderMan wrote:

Are you auto trading with FST?

If this question is for me, the answer is no.

fxturtle wrote:

Since I'm a new Zulutrade SP, that's the reason, I would like potential followers to follow me on a demo for 8 weeks. I think 8 weeks would be sufficient to see the ups and downs of my trading. However, you can follow me on a demo for as long as you want until you'll get comfortable of the way I trade.

The Zulu demo account will expire after 1 month. I would recommend to follow your trades for at least 3 months for evaluation.

togr wrote:
fxturtle wrote:

The Zulu demo account will expire after 1 month. I would recommend to follow your trades for at least 3 months for evaluation.

Hi Togr,

I highly appreciate that you'll evaluate my SP account. Please follow all my trades on the demo for as long as it is necessary until you'll gain the confidence of the performance. While your following the Fxturtle, please add Fxturtle - EURUSD in your evaluation.

Thanks,
Fxturtle

Performance update - End of October 12, 2012.

Zulutrade Trading Results

Highlights of this week.

1. EURJPY - Good amount of unrealized positive pips last week did not reach maximum potential as the pair bounced in the rising trendline. Trendline was broken , but there was no follow through. The retrace to 100.15 is higher than the retrace to 99.64 and on the daily, the price is again above the rising trendline. If the pair closes above 102.50, it could challenge 103.852 high made on 9/17/2012. Only took 2 positions for this pair, but might add one more next week.

2. EURUSD - Same as EURJPY with one difference. The retrace to 1.2825 is higher than the retrace to 1.2804. If the pair closes above 1.3050, it could challenge 1.3172 high made on 9/17/2012. Three positions are open.

3. GBPJPY - Same as the two pairs above. The retrace to 124.75 is lower  than the low of 125.34 made on 9/26/2012. This pair has been extremely volatile for the past 2 months. It has to close decisively above 126.60 (Extension of the broken rising trendline) to challenge declining trendline sitting around 127.40 and if it gets penetrated, it then could challenge 128.80 area. Trades for this this pair is reduced accordingly.

15 (edited by fxturtle 2012-10-14 19:44:11)

If you are a follower or a potential follower, is it is important to trade all my trades as you can see in the historical tab. Please disregard trades opened earlier than 9/6/2012 as those trades were entered in the testing phase of ZT platform.

Fxturtle Results

As you will notice, the lowest pip gain is 70 pips and most reached over 200 pips. You can scale out 1 position at 100 then another at 200 or whatever level you choose, then ride the last trade. If we get stopped out on our initial SL say 275 pips. One or two trades could easily recover the loss.

For transparency purposes, within the course of a year, we will get stopped out, but I will reduced trades accordingly if the going gets rough, so our DD will stay between 600 to 1000 pips. A DD of this magnitude per year trading 3 positions at a time would be acceptable for swing trading system as long the percentage does not exceed 15%.

The same holds true for Fxturtle - EURUSD only all are above 100 pips and only one was over 200. This account would have been comparable to Fxturtle if I started it on the same day in Zulutrade. Right now, this account has a 100% winning ratio, but DO NOT even expect that this will be the case all the time.

Fxturtle - EURUSD Results

Please note that the result below will NOT always happen every trade as the market has a life of its own and will move the way it wants. HISTORICAL PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.

Regards,
Fxturtle

jinal wrote:

I have account with hotforex and I have received email regarding zulutarade few week ago, Can any one tell me that auto-trading is safe or its too risky ?

trading is always risky and if you over leverage autotrading or not, and if your positions are against the market, it will wipe your account. If you trade your own system or follow someone in Zulutrade, use proper money management.

Regards,
Fxturtle

17 (edited by fxturtle 2012-10-20 23:13:31)

I took of some pips from SP Fxturtle and FxTurtle - Gippy. Positions for Fxturtle - EURUSD remain open but stop loss are in place in case it will dip below 1.30. Swing trading strategy is not for the paint of heart.

There is no clear direction for EURJPY as it took out the high at 103.85, but it closed below it. EURUSD and GIPPY could be in a throwback or it will go back down to the rising trendline.

Fxturtle

Fxturtle - EURUSD

Post's attachments

EURJPY October 19, 2012.JPG 87.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

End of October 26, 2012

FxTurtle
All long positions closed for a total pip gained of over 550 pips.

EURJPY was capped at 104.60, which coincides with the low made on April 16, 2012. Shorts were opened around 103.5 and stops above 104.5.

FxTurtle - EURUSD
All long positions closed for a total pip gained of over 220 pips.

EURUSD failed to break 1.3170 and broke 1.30 decisively to the downside. However, the price is bouncing off support / rising trend line. If the price break 1.30, our positions will be closed at 1.30, which is just above the the recent swing high made on October 25, 2012.

If you decide to follow, please follow with the smallest possible lot size until you're confident that I can perform according to your needs and comfortable of the way I trade. I want my followers to make money and have a long-term profitable relationship.

EURJPY Technical update:

The pair made a strong bounce last week and it is tapping the declining trendline on the weekly. If this pair closes above 104.50 in the next few days, we are in for a rally. If a reversal candle takes place this week, we will be looking for a short entry.

I only took one position in Zulutrade due to the reason above to limit DD. However, I took three positions in my live account as I am comfortable with the risk i'm taking. If the pair breaks the declining trendline in the weekly, I am looking to add positions on a retrace.

Post's attachments

EURJPY November 18, 2012.JPG 69.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

will be looking forward tomore updates from you, I like how you do things, really promising

hello all wink 
glad to find an active community here.  It just happens by change that one of my rpoviders tend to be fxturtle himself. I like his trading and in general his signals. but it is true what he say that if you do nor follow proper account menagement and this means to not overexpose your account to risk - e.g. having an margin call-o-meter of about 2000% then you can result in getting some really sweat results.

jinal wrote:

I have account with hotforex and I have received email regarding zulutarade few week ago, Can any one tell me that auto-trading is safe or its too risky ?

Autotrading is risky, someone else is using your account to manage trades.
So the outcome is as good as the person you will follow.
+ there might be issues that platform does not properly handle trades, e.g. your guru will close the trade and this will not be mirrored on platform or due to the slippage the trade will change from profitable to losing.
Anyway such risk might be better for you than to loose money with your own trading wink

hello fxturtle,

so nice to bump into you!!
i am actually a big fan of yours....you have made me some really nice pips wink

I have heard the metatrader does not allow autotrading anymore. wonder what happens with zulu. good service

MT4 does allow auto trading, even in the latest build 610.