forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Simple Price Action

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Simple Price Action

I am looking to do some simple price action strategies. Is it possible to go long at the previous close plus a vertical shift of say 10 pips? The indicator "Previous Bar Close"  is the nearest I can find to what I need but it doesn't include the ability to add a vertical shift. "Previous High Low" has the vertical shift but not the Close in the logic.

Re: Simple Price Action

You can use Steady Bands. That's a MA +- Margin in pips. Setting period of 1 and Close price makes it behave like Close +- Margin.

http://s3.postimage.org/19q813k3o/16_08_2011_16_30_12.jpg

That works fine, thanks!

I would continue this issue and ask how to build a strategy where:
I want to add position when  price  moves up let's say 50 pips but calculating 50 pips from last order. At the same point  I would reduce a profitable position not closing all of open them. I do not want to average the profit as it is by using break even.

thanks in advance
CAmir

5 (edited by tcanuto 2012-10-02 21:11:20)

Interesting. I am also having the same plan, but must open an order when the price move 5 pips away from the opening. How do I do that?

I am a new user of the FSB and I am really enjoying the convenience of working with him.

Tried this strategy that Popov posted in photo, but the graphics are showing in perch. Where am I wrong?

Here is the screenshot of my result.

Even more and look forward to return!

(Note: I could not post the image here so I posted the link to the image.)
http://s12.postimage.org/niusid1rh/Steady_Bands.jpg

tcanuto wrote:

Interesting. I am also having the same plan, but must open an order when the price move 5 pips away from the opening. How do I do that?

Try Price Move indi.

As for the second question it depends what kind of closing indis are used, and timeframe is also important.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Simple Price Action