Topic: Close trade with 1 pip - how ?

Hi Gurus,

is it possible to close trade with 1pip profit ?
In the FSB I have found "Closing Point of the Position" - Take profit.

The problem is that is setting TP parameter during opening the trade.

How to configure "automatic close trade" if the profit equal +1 pip ? I`m not thinking about the TP/SL parameters. I`m thinking about the moment when profit = 1pip

Is it possible to do this ?

Re: Close trade with 1 pip - how ?

dlugi wrote:

Hi Gurus,

How to configure "automatic close trade" if the profit equal +1 pip ? I`m not thinking about the TP/SL parameters. I`m thinking about the moment when profit = 1pip

I do not think this is matter of FSB/FST

A. 1 pip movement is not enough to cover spread + markup + commission
B. Why don't to set up TP at the opening. If your trade is profitable it might be too late to place the TP
C. When your profit will be 1 pip you can't place TP to 1 pip. It is not allowed by broker. You can only close position that has rpofit 1 pip and do it fast.
D. To do it use some equity manager - script that run on MT4 every tick and when your equity increase it will close the position. Or some other MT4 EA.

3 (edited by dlugi 2012-08-16 13:56:30)

togr wrote:
dlugi wrote:

Hi Gurus,

B. Why don't to set up TP at the opening. If your trade is profitable it might be too late to place the TP
C. When your profit will be 1 pip you can't place TP to 1 pip. It is not allowed by broker. You can only close position that has rpofit 1 pip and do it fast.
D. To do it use some equity manager - script that run on MT4 every tick and when your equity increase it will close the position. Or some other MT4 EA.

------------ my suggestions ----------------------------------
A. 1pip movement not... but if I see 0.08E (cost with spread for 1 pip) its profitable

B. Minimum TP = 5 pips... In my scalping strategy its not working

C. This I know... I`m interestin only about 1profit pip = 0.08E

D. Im not interesting about EA. I would like to connect my strategy from FSB with "1 profit pip automatic close rule"

Is it possible to configure in FSB or FST ?

Scenario:
1 pip = Equity 0.08E ======> CLOSE IMMEDIETLY!

Do You know how to do it ?

dlugi wrote:
togr wrote:
dlugi wrote:

Hi Gurus,

A. 1pip movement not... but if I see 0.08E (cost with spread for 1 pip) its profitable

D. Im not interesting about EA. I would like to connect my strategy from FSB with "1 profit pip automatic close rule"

Scenario:

I guess you would need some special indicator for FST
Called equity monitor, which will check your equity every tick and when it increase by specified amount it will close the position.
Anyway you can use existing scripts for MT4 for such purpose
And i do not think such strategy could be profitable

togr wrote:
dlugi wrote:
togr wrote:

Scenario:

I guess you would need some special indicator for FST
Called equity monitor, which will check your equity every tick and when it increase by specified amount it will close the position.
Anyway you can use existing scripts for MT4 for such purpose
And i do not think such strategy could be profitable

One question: is it possible to run two EA scripts ? I mean, mq4 script with FST for example ?

Do You know where can I download such a script ?

FST expert modification is needed, no need for an indi. It has been discussed couple of months ago, and I understood it will be there with the next release. It will be called global profit, will work the same way as equity protection now.

footon wrote:

FST expert modification is needed, no need for an indi. It has been discussed couple of months ago, and I understood it will be there with the next release. It will be called global profit, will work the same way as equity protection now.

Thanks for info. Till this global profit will be ready, I will use mq4 script.

dlugi wrote:
footon wrote:

Hey, if you don't mind, share the script or its location, have you used it already?

First my friend should finish it. wink Its not ready

10 (edited by togr 2012-08-16 21:39:08)

footon wrote:
dlugi wrote:
footon wrote:

Hey, if you don't mind, share the script or its location, have you used it already?

Please check if what it what you need

Post's attachments

Equity Manager for Martingale Lover v2.mq4 11.38 kb, 19 downloads since 2012-08-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

togr wrote:
footon wrote:
dlugi wrote:

THanks a lot for Your help big_smile

VIRTUAL Beer for everone smile

http://www.beer100.com/images/beermug.jpg

Thanks for the script and beer big_smile

dlugi wrote:
togr wrote:
footon wrote:

THanks a lot for Your help big_smile

VIRTUAL Beer for everone smile

http://www.beer100.com/images/beermug.jpg

Thanks a lot dlugi,

beer is much appreaciated as I am from beer super power wink