Topic: Importing: StartIndex cannot be less than zero

While importing a few files of jforex TD, I got the message "StartIndex cannot be less than zero" and the import failed.

Anyone know what this is in reference to, or how to address?

Re: Importing: StartIndex cannot be less than zero

Do you use the latest FSB v 2.71.3.0 Nightly Build.

3 (edited by Sam M. 2012-07-26 17:37:27)

Thanks I hadn't been actually. Just downloaded and I'm still getting the same issue however.

Just thinking, I haven't knowingly altered anything with FSB since the last time I successfully imported jforex ticks. Unless there's a setting/command within FSB that could trigger it,  maybe they've (dukas) changed the default file layout or something else with the download process.

First try to change local settings of your windows to English US. If not working, post several rows of the file here. Post also the file name. They changed file names this year already and FSB was not able to read them. We fixed that issue, but it seams there is another problem also.

5 (edited by Sam M. 2012-07-27 04:21:14)

Confirmed setting was at US and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the period/comma.

Having trouble opening the file due to an unrelated issue, will post when I have the chance tomorrow.

FN:

EURUSD_Ticks_2009.01.02_2012.07.25

Bug confirmed.

The problem is in parsing date and time of the ticks. I'll fix it today.

It must work if you set comma "," for delimiter. However I'll make it working for the default space delimiter.

http://i.imgur.com/IHyty.png

8 (edited by Sam M. 2012-07-27 18:18:27)

Beautiful, tried it with the comma and it works perfectly. If you'd still like me to post the lines of data let me know. Many thanks Popov.

Sam M. wrote:

Beautiful, tried it with the comma and it works perfectly. If you'd still like me to post the lines of data let me know. Many thanks Popov.

I'll fix FSB to read data with space delimiter. However FSB will not be able to read files when delimiter is comma and decimal separator is also coma. Ducas must prevent such settings, but it seams they doesn't care.