Topic: Strategies that always close at end of bar (and not before)

I am trying to come up with some strategies that always close at the end of the bar, but it's not working.

I'm locking the 'Closing Point of the Position' as 'Bar Closing' and banning all Closing Logic, but when i press Generate nothing happens.  I can successfully generate other strategies, it's just this type that won't do anything.

Re: Strategies that always close at end of bar (and not before)

Yes, it does do that!

Do you know why ?

No, this is a question for Mr Popov.

Why not?

http://i.imgur.com/XtP7v.png

I thought there would be a reason! smile

It would be great if these daily strategies worked on lower time frames, like the fractal strategy as well.

If I have an Opening Point of "Enter at the beginning of the bar" & Closing Point of "Exit at the end of the bar", when I check the journal of generated strategies they all show positions being opened and closed at exactly the same time (ie 20/06/00 00:00 Open & 20/06/00 00:00 Close)

(ie 20/06/00 00:00 Open & 20/06/00 00:00 Close)

The time shows bar opening.
The positions open at the beginning and closes at the end of the bar. check chart or Bar Explorer.

OK, so I can see that I have the right settings now ...but FSB is not finding *any* strategies at all.

I'm running over 5 years of EURUSD daily data, minimum Win/Loss ratio of 0.7 and filter bad OOS Perf set to 15.

When I don't have Opening Point set to "Enter at the beginning of the bar" & Closing Point equals "Exit at the end of the bar", then I find a  number of strategies, but with those two settings, there's nothing even after 48hrs on a fast machine.