Topic: Preventing poor Risk/Reward strategies

I'm finding that the Generator is finding lots of strategies which it thinks are good, but are untradeable because the stop loss is larger than the take profit.

Is there some way of ensuring that the SL to TP is at least 1:1 ? Or some other way of tying the stoploss value to the take profit (other than using permanent values which is less than ideal) ?

Re: Preventing poor Risk/Reward strategies

This feature was requested before also. Unfortunately it's not available now. I'll probably add it in some of the next major releases.

Re: Preventing poor Risk/Reward strategies

rjay wrote:

I'm finding that the Generator is finding lots of strategies which it thinks are good, but are untradeable because the stop loss is larger than the take profit.

Is there some way of ensuring that the SL to TP is at least 1:1 ? Or some other way of tying the stoploss value to the take profit (other than using permanent values which is less than ideal) ?

Just because the stop loss is larger than the take profit does not make it an untradeable strategy. If these strategies have a high win/loss ration then they should work fine. Taking lots of small profits with an occasional larger loss is perfectly valid.

I also have some strategies with a win loss of less than .30. This takes lots of small losses but often gets a home run. There are many ways to skin a cat!