forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Stable strategies

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Stable strategies

I am rather new at FSB and have found it to be a very interesting bit of work. Well done to the developers.

Unfortunately, after having read all the information about FSB that I can find on the FSB site I cannot seam to generate any stable strategies. Well at least something that I consider stable. All the strategies I have attempted so far appear to only work on exactly one instrument and timeframe. They always fail totally if I change the timeframe or instrument and they almost never optimize against another timeframe or instrument, which to me smacks of curve fitting. For me a stable strategy must be able to optimize against multiple closely related timeframes (1h and 4h for example) and a basket of instruments, perhaps 2x currencies that either track each other in a similar way like AUDUSD and AUDCAD or move in opposite directions like AUDUSD and EURAUD. I have played with the OOS settings to no avail.

So to help in my search I would like to be able to do the following:

Allow the strategy generator to search against 2x timeframes concurrently
Allow the strategy generator to search against 2x instruments concurrently

Is the above possible with FSB?

Re: Stable strategies

Hey Rocketman,

Unfortunately at the moment FSB allows to work only on one currency pair, I truly hope this project can evolve into multipair capability soon.

Have you introduced yourself to static custom filter indicator? It might be a limitation but it might help you, surely needs cleverness to make full advantage of it. Read more here - http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/strategy_to_indicator

footon wrote:

Hey Rocketman,

Unfortunately at the moment FSB allows to work only on one currency pair, I truly hope this project can evolve into multipair capability soon.

Have you introduced yourself to static custom filter indicator? It might be a limitation but it might help you, surely needs cleverness to make full advantage of it. Read more here - http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/strategy_to_indicator

Thanks for the hint. I will give this a go real soon.

Nice, I missed that feature. But if I understood correctly, it`s only for FSB, and it`s not possible to use it in FST, or am I wrong?

That's right -- it won't work in FST, because it exports the indicator as "enter at (date) (time)", based on the strategy's signals from the backtest.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Stable strategies