Topic: different time frame charts with different magic numbers

I have run both 15m and 1 hr charts at same time but with different magic numbers on each chaRT, but on the same forex pair.  it seems to work alright, except that even if multiple orders are entered at different prices, the S/L and T/P values are always the same for both magic numbers and can not be manually set differently.  Is that the way the FST-AE is supposed to work? Multiple orders, even if entered into by different magic numbers on different time frame charts, all are assigned the same SL and TP values, and can not be changed manually?? Please advise.  Looks to me like having more than one magic number per forex pair is not a good idea.

Re: different time frame charts with different magic numbers

Maybe this treating all entries for a given forex pair from whatever time frame chart from whatever EA strategy with whatever magic number  as a single transaction with identical SL and TP values for each entry only happens in US [First in-First out] to prevent 'hedging'.

This is related to your broker I think.

I think you might be right, it might be something specific to the US. They changed a lot of the rules, I think in 2010. The main changes I've seen because my broker redid their platform was:
- cannot be long and short the same pair at the same time
- cannot set separate exit prices for the same pair, it has to be First-In First-Out, so my broker only allows me one SL for all open orders

If you have 2 strategies on the same pair, they might send orders breaking those 2 rules, then the broker probably has something that disregards the order. We could tell if someone outside the US with different trading rules could confirm seeing this, or post they could not reproduce this.

thanks for the speedy reply, Krog.  Looks like in US you effectively can't have charts with different time frames open of same Forex pair, even with different FST-EA strategies, IDs and Magic Numbers on them.