Topic: Tips for the newbis

Strategy Builder:
- You can connect any demo strategy to account on which You want to test Your future strategy and see in the Strategy Trader all the information You need to enter in You builder like : swap long swap short, digit account etc.
- You need to check if broker is not changing leverage based on the balance ex. when balance get over 5000EUR leverage changes from 1:500 to 1:200 and strategy may fail.
- look at the MAX NUMBER OF OPENING AND CLOSING LOGIC CONDITION, may not look at it and from 8 only 3 indicators will work.
- slippage on backtest is very important and on strategy trader too. If You think operation will always open ex 5point later then it should test is fail.
- SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD and one more time check SPREAD : )
- auto control of use previous bar should be on
- change account currency, look at test results and think about that stuff
- read forum and watch out for bug indicators.
- try strategies on demo before live account
- ( If You think that system is right but tester is failin try to make strategy that should work and use the program not for test just for trade and see live test result )
any other tips and tricks write in this topic.

Re: Tips for the newbis

About indicators - I was not sure if they work or if they don't. That's because price line is alive smile. They all look grate back but when some important data comes out the price is not waiting for them and the indicators are like chasing the price not pointing the direction it should move. Solutions? I see two.

1. First is to use same lot value and maybe just one operation at a time. Then 6 of 10 is still winning day.
2. Use two or more timeframe, play on M15 watching indicators and for example be aware that the MACD and stochastics witch bollinger shows down directions on H4 so do not hustle.

Today I was thinking about how to simple make tester focus more on entry less on conditions of broker etc. I changed the leverage to 1:200 (play on 1:500). I change both swap to 0 ( no profit or loss from this in optimization signal), no slippage (same for optimization). M1 timeframe and ENTER ONCE A CANDLE.

Also changing spread to maximum it can be for currency ( my broker change EU from 1 to 3 overnight)