1 (edited by Popov 2012-04-22 21:35:58)

Topic: Forex Trading in 1985

I've realized that this forum is way beyond my non-technical mind, but I did want to at least share this very interesting video I came upon on YouTube a few days ago while I was just surfing the web.  It's a video where they did a documentary of one day of Forex trading in 1985.. the video is amazing, and to think of just how stressful and crazy forex was back in 1985 really makes me appreciate the programs of today, and almost the "easiness" of it.

2 (edited by Popov 2012-04-22 21:36:47)

Re: Forex Trading in 1985

I remember seeing that documentary when it first came out. Very Good.

SpiderMan wrote:

If you remember that doc from 27 years ago, I assume it must had been one hell of a impression upon you big_smile

Thanks for the link, Ryan. I very much enjoyed it, the best part - "we used to be more aggressive, but the market changed completely". Some things never change, heh.

Great piece of work from the Beeb, they kind of hint their actual opinion through the soundtrack they used - 10cc Wall Street Shuffle

Trading back in '85 really no charts?

4 (edited by manningryan488 2012-04-29 07:46:10)

footon wrote:
SpiderMan wrote:

If you remember that doc from 27 years ago, I assume it must had been one hell of a impression upon you big_smile

Thanks for the link, Ryan. I very much enjoyed it, the best part - "we used to be more aggressive, but the market changed completely". Some things never change, heh.

Great piece of work from the Beeb, they kind of hint their actual opinion through the soundtrack they used - 10cc Wall Street Shuffle

Trading back in '85 really no charts?

Haha, if I had seen that documentary when it first came out, I definitely would have remembered it.  Even for 1985, it's dang near watching a magician with a guy on a telephone moving 55 million pounds holding a cigarette like, "Meh. No big deal." 

I can only imagine what "aggressive" used to mean... because that was aggressive what that guy was doing, lol.

*EDIT

And I didn't even notice they didn't have charts!  Perhaps the grid of information and details was sufficient, or the information came from a telephone call.  It looked like the traders (not from the bank) had a dedicated secretary on the phone buying/selling.

footon wrote:
SpiderMan wrote:

When you get as old as I am you find that you can remember very clearly what you did 30 years ago but can't remember what you did last weekend!

Or even yesterday

Jagmanmick wrote:

Or even yesterday

I'm not that old yet!

SpiderMan wrote:

I'm not that old yet!

Yes but I am.
In fact I can't even remember what I did five minutes ago.

SpiderMan wrote:
footon wrote:
SpiderMan wrote:

When you get as old as I am you find that you can remember very clearly what you did 30 years ago but can't remember what you did last weekend!

Oh, I'm having similar experiences.  I smelled some food my wife was cooking and it reminded me of a dinner I had about 7 years ago.  Remembered everything - then it dawned on me I had forgotten what my wife said she was cooking for me......... true story, no lies.

thanks for sharing the link, wow is all that i had to say, compared to almost three decades ago,now a days people have it the easy way.. big_smile