1 (edited by Popov 2012-02-15 17:51:47)

Topic: Possible bug: Generator not honoring max # opening slots

I wanted to report something that might be a bug, and I took some screenshots so you can see.

In Generator, I would like to optimize ONLY the "Strategy Properties" section. As such, I've locked all other slots.

In the Common tab, I've told it to limit the maximum number of opening slots to 3 (note: selecting less than 3 does not allow the Generator to run).

During the run, Generator adds another opening slot condition.

Let me know if you would like more details. Thanks

http://s7.postimage.org/vfe0xj0rr/generator_lock_issue1.jpg

http://s18.postimage.org/4eq13gg0l/generator_lock_issue2.jpg

Re: Possible bug: Generator not honoring max # opening slots

Tip of the day: pay attention what it says on the screen, opening point vs opening logic vs opening logic slot smile

It is perfectly fine, other way round it would be logically incorrect.

3 (edited by dusktrader 2012-02-15 17:25:22)

footon wrote:

Tip of the day: pay attention what it says on the screen, opening point vs opening logic vs opening logic slot smile

It is perfectly fine, other way round it would be logically incorrect.

It sounds like you are saying that because I've limited opening logic to 3 slots, that is why it added another logic.

Ok, in that case... then I think the bug would be that it won't allow Generator to start when you set max opening logic slots to 2.

What I found: there are issues if one tries to optimize strategy properties without point and/or logic slots enabled. That needs a closer look by developer I think.

In Generator, I would like to optimize ONLY the "Strategy Properties" section. As such, I've locked all other slots.

The main purpose of Generator is to select random indicators corresponding to the allowed for altering slots. That's why, when you limit the max number of slots and lock the existing one, the Generator doesn't run. It cannot add new i9ndicators or alter the exist ones (if they were linked).

It's true, Generator changes Strategy Properties parameter, but it's not designed to optimize only them.

Optimizing of Permanent SL / TP and Breakeven will be available in next FSB beta version.

PS. The new optimizer features are available in the development releases in github.com, but you need to compile the source code in order to run the program.

footon wrote:

What I found: there are issues if one tries to optimize strategy properties without point and/or logic slots enabled. That needs a closer look by developer I think.

Footon, can you please explain further what is the issue. I cannot understand what you mean.

Popov wrote:

Footon, can you please explain further what is the issue. I cannot understand what you mean.

You've answered it in your previous post already smile

In other words, I was saying that if I want to optimize only Strat Properties in the Generator, that means locking all slots except the Strat Prop, Generator won't run unless there's at least one active indicator slot.

footon wrote:
Popov wrote:

You've answered it in your previous post already smile

In other words, I was saying that if I want to optimize only Strat Properties in the Generator, that means locking all slots except the Strat Prop, Generator won't run unless there's at least one active indicator slot.

Yes this is exactly what I am trying to accomplish -- optimize ONLY Strat Properties.

Sounds like this may be resolved with the new feature to optimize Perm SL / TP / BE. I'd also like the system to "find the best mix" of the equity add/reduce/nothing features in the Strat Properties section.

As a possible workaround, since Generator requires at least 1 open slot to run... perhaps I could allow the extra slot but turn off all the indicators, or turn on only a benign indicator. That should have the effect of optimizing the Strat Properties that I want, while basically hands-tied on the added logic slot.