Topic: pips calculation

Hi There,

In case developers are watching this forum: a huge thank you for developing this fabulous tool. Been trading for 6 years now and I always tested strategies bar by bar...it took days to get a solid stat and fine tuning...

However I am trying to make sure that I get a real result indicated and I can't understand the calculation..Could anyone explain me why the profit column is showing much more pips than it should be?

http://s15.postimage.org/6vblm98xz/23_01_2012_09_18_48.jpg

Hopefully the image above will show clearly.

best trading day to all

Re: pips calculation

Firstly, FSB works in points so if you are using a 5 digit broker you need to divide by 10.
Secondly, your lot size is 1.53 so you have made 477 X 1.53 = 7298 points. The other 100 odd points will be the swap costs.

But that doesn't answer your question because what you are asking is why is it not in pips regardless of the lot size. Maybe someone more knowledgeable has the answer.

Spiderman, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated.
This helps quite well actually as I tried without any spread or charges...
I'll just have to add a column on excel after I export the results to get the accurate pips...
Used to live in New Zealand, now living in Canada so I'm glad that the first answer to my first ppost comes from down under..
Did you manage to use this magic software to plan some good systems?
cheers

Bobnz2012 wrote:

Did you manage to use this magic software to plan some good systems?
cheers

Sure have, FSB is the world's best kept secret!