forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Some Thinking About Collections

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Some Thinking About Collections

I have been using the Studio for a month or more and am far from mastering the application. Sure enough there will be a major revision soon and then I will start all over hahaha

I have been running the program and getting a few strategies and then scrapping the collection........ and next day starting all over.

Now I am thinking that is a wrong approach.

I am thinking I should keep building the one collection and take off the top two or three each day....... and gradually the top 100 is being upgraded as new strategies are developed.

I feel that the larger the pool of strategies, the better the odds of good ones making it into the 100 and the better the odds of excellent ones getting to the top.

AND..... my idea might be nutso. that is why I have posted it in here....

Does anyone have a comment or suggestion.......?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Some Thinking About Collections

Scrapping the collection is not so good idea, I try to keep them. The hardest part is making the choice from the collection. Some collections have as low as 30% strats, which will actually work later, some over 50%. And as you might expect - those are not at the top of the list...

well, I think I will retain the collections, keep adding to them... but I am not certain if that helps.....

I will ask Popov when he is available for some insights as to how to handle all this......

I have one collection with about 1,000 items...... slowly adding to it..... and now I am building a couple more in different time frames.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I create a separate collection for each symbol and period. It is a good idea to make notes for each collection for the way it is generated. It will give you a clue later, when you retest the collection with newer data, which parameters and settings work best for you.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Some Thinking About Collections