Topic: standard account EA to trade micro account

HI guys

I have EA's that I use to trade my standard account with. can I use those EA's to trade my micro account,if yes what can I change so they open micro lots

Re: standard account EA to trade micro account

Change the lot size, if necessary

You have to also re-test your strategies with data from your micro-lots account.
The data dynamics may differ in a state that makes the strategy unusable. It may need (or not) readjustment.

Monte-Carlo test is a must anytime you change the trading environment.

Hi, I have the same problem. I have created 4 EA's for build a portfolio for a micro account but don't work.                       I changed, in control panel, the lot size in 1000 and min. lot in 0,01, initial account 1000EUR with leverage 200.
Backtests are ok but in mt4 EA's work only in standard account. I use VPS but problem isn't it.
Who can help me? Forgive me for my english

It's all ok! I have solved. thanks

It's all ok! I have solved. thanks

Please share with us the cause of the problem and your solution. This will make your post useful for many traders.

No problem, but I should mention the broker.
I have an micro account with ****** First i changed lot in 1000 and min.lot in 0,01. For backtest i used EURUSD.csv (example EURUSD1440.csv) beacouse backtest with EURUSDmicro1440.csv (previously EURUSDmicro1440.hst) will don't work. Finally i fixed the 4 EA's not in EURUSD chart but in EURUSDmicro chart.

Update -> i have a problem: i try to build daily timeframe ea but in the mt4 backtest expert advisor, developed by fsb, good work until 2015. My expert advisor uses "week closing" with take profit and stop loss. tips? is a week I try to fix.
Thanks

Post's attachments

a.png 21.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.