Topic: Fractal - no trade - why?

Can you please help me to explain, why yesterday (2nd September) at 7:00 no Long trade was initiated by FSB Pro - Trader in the MT4-FXCM platform?
In the attached screenshot - Right side (FSB Pro backtester): Long yes; Left side (MT4): No Long.

This is only one example, there were more such failed trades.

Post's attachments

Fractal_no trade.gif 161.77 kb, 2 downloads since 2015-09-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Fractal - no trade - why?

You have open short position and the strategy can trade long only if the "Opposite entry signal" logic allows.

What is your strategy settings for "Opposite entry signals"?

Next opposite direction signal: Nothing

bold wrote:

Next opposite direction signal: Nothing

In that way the program cancels the opposite signals when there is an open position.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by that? There was no open position before the Buy signal came.

Ops. Sorry. I have looked at the last trade.

I have no idea why it is not open. You have to see the logs in the FSB Trader and in MT4. The reason for the failure will be noted.

Where can I find these logs to be compared?

Where can I find these logs to be compared?

On any of these locations:

1. Trade Journal in FSB

http://s28.postimg.org/jbyci9d55/screenshot_1183.jpg

2. Experts and Journal tabs in MT4

http://s28.postimg.org/80votw6a1/screenshot_1184.jpg

3. Log file of FSB Pro in the "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Logs" folder

4. Log files of MT4 in the "Data Folder" \ logs

5. Log of FSB-MT4 Bridge  "Dat Folder" \ MQL4\Files

http://s28.postimg.org/gyger8yq1/screenshot_1186.jpg

Wow, I was not aware of majority of these locations before.

Attached is the Trade Journal from FSB. What I (do not) see:

1. There is no message concerning the time of the skipped signal (= somewhen between 7:00 and 7:15).

2. I noticed another strange information: At 09:06:47 the Journal informs about the "Entry order sent: Buy at 10082"
I you have a look at the chart screenshot from my first post, the smaller white candle could absolutely not touch any up fractal. In addition, there was no fractal top at the price 10082.

The strategy ID was 1422115263 in both cases.

Have I missed anything?

Post's attachments

Trade Journal.gif 33.72 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-09-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The Trade Journal records show local time.
Please see what is the time difference between your local time and the server time and you'll find the time of the order.

In addition, there was no fractal top at the price 10082.

Please note that the charts and indicators are plotted on Bit price. However, you open long position at Ask price. Therefore, the actual Fractal top at that time was 10082 - Spread.

The time difference is 2 hours.
DAX market opens at 8:00 my time = 6:00 MT4-FXCM time.
This means that the "mystery" Long signal from 09:06:47 is in fact our missed signal from the candle 7:00-7:15 (in MT4-FXCM time).
So, let's continue one step further:
The Log informs at 09:06:50 that the Long signal could not be executed due to the "Invalid price".
What does this mean? How to prevent such situation next time?

FSB Trader (and the  experts) takes the market price directly from MT before sending the order. The program takes the current Bid price for short orders and the current Ask price for long orders. It also normalizes the prices (in case the Bid/Ask are not with the correct digits !!?!?!).

I cannot answer why MT returns invalid price, check the MT logs. It is possible to have more detailed info there. You can search the MT4 / 5 community for an answer or to ask your broker. I have tried to figure out such problems, but there is no a logical explanation. It is possible the error to be a result of a slippage. FXCM were accused before that doesn't execute trades with slippage in the traders favor.