Re: Operating Manual / Bug report

Hi Popov,

Initially, I tried to open the mentioned file via my Computer 2 and I get the error message.  Today, I opened the file again, everything is fine.

I tried the to open the file in Computer 1 and I got the error message and I sent the error report.  I switched the data to FSB default data and I also got the same error message.  Some I don't think it got to do with the data source.

I succeed in repeating previously mentioned error. I found out that it depends on the data set used. I am using Global Prime data and this will result in error code (Overflow error). But when I changed to FSB data set, error disappeared. I am attaching few files for your control.

Leon

Post's attachments

1_01_013.xml 11.45 kb, 4 downloads since 2016-04-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

53 (edited by LeonHerd 2016-04-05 21:04:53)

http://s30.postimg.org/9fpvemvil/Capture.jpg

Post's attachments

1_01_013 - Journal.xlsx 119.36 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-04-05 

I can also send to you Global Prime 1M data file, but the size of this file (6 MB) is not accepted by your server. It has to be transferred in some other way (if necessary).

I still cannot reproduce the bug, but you can try narrow the reasons.

The attached strategy has many components that may or may not  contribute for the issue. You can try removing them until we find the concrete problem.

This strategy has account percent, adding, revering, SL, TP, BE and 4 indicators.

There are two ways to proceed:
1. Create a new strategy and add Obos MA Oscillator. Set its parameters to correspond to the ones in the upper strategy. If it crashes, it will be a clear sign that the problem is here. If it doesn't crash, add more options and indicators until you find the one that causes the problem.

2. Load the current strategy and start removing indicators and features until it stop crashing. The last you remove it is will be the most probable reason. Than open a new strategy and try to reproduce the bug with only that feature.

Please use the default FSB Pro settings.

According to the Exception Reports the Editor's Indicator Chart crashes when plots OBOS MA Oscillator. It means that the crash doesn't depend on the backtest and you may try reproducing it with a new strategy with only one indicator.

I see you have increased number of bars. Can you try simulating the crash with the default max of 50 000 bars?

57 (edited by LeonHerd 2016-04-06 00:46:53)

I remove all indicators one by one (also, I have replaced opening and closing indicators with different ones). Only removing OBOS MA Oscillator will clear the situation.
I also changed the amount of bars to 50 000, without any change in situation.
As a last step I created a standard strategy, adding only OBOS, and saved this strategy. On loading of this saved strategy (with 50 000 bars and Global Prime data) I received same error.

And this happens only when I use data set from Global Prime. When I saved the same test strategy with FSB Demo data, the problem will not appear.

So I begin to limit the data set by mixing with Data Horizon. Error appears when whole data set is available. I cut of day after day at the end of the data set. So instead of using frame from 2015-12-08 / 2016-04-05, I shorted it to 2015-12-08 / 2016-04-04, and so on. When I shorted this period to 2015-12-26 / 2016-03-28 the problem despaired. But please look at the outprint of my screen; indicator chart on left of the screen. Error is no longer displayed, but it seems to me that the chart is pointing towards some strange behavior – all those vertical lines on right side of the chart.

Adding one day to the data set, (2015-12-08 / 2016-03-29) will again make the error appear back.

It seems that the error needs to be saturated before it will issue an error warning (because lines are there even if error message is not appearing)

Maybe it is of value if I should transfer 1M Global Prime file to you?

Capture1 shows interval 2015-12-08 – 2016-03-28 (without error warning, but with strange chart). Observe that Capture1 displays only period 2015-12-08 / 2016-03-26 but Data Horizon is set up to 2016-03-28).
http://s29.postimg.org/hhzvzhvmb/Capture1.jpg

Capture2 shows interval 2015-12-08 – 2016-03-29 (with error warning)
http://s27.postimg.org/69ufjw7wv/Capture2.jpg

BTW, my M1 Global Prime data set ends 2016-04-01 23:59

Very good job Leon,

Can you please send me the data file that causes the problem?

The bug was found.

OBOS Indicator crashes when there are a certain number of equal bars like these:

http://s18.postimg.org/58u56xok9/screenshot_1510.png

Leon, thank you for the report.

ATR calling in .mqh produces nonmatching indicator values between FSB and MT.

footon wrote:

ATR calling in .mqh produces nonmatching indicator values between FSB and MT.

I cannot confirm that.

The source code is equal:

C# code:

int firstBar = period + 2;

var atr = new double[Bars];

for (int bar = 1; bar < Bars; bar++)
    atr[bar] = Math.Max(High[bar], Close[bar - 1]) - Math.Min(Low[bar], Close[bar - 1]);

atr = MovingAverage(period, 0, maMethod, atr);

MQL code:

int firstBar=period+2;

double atr1[]; ArrayResize(atr1,Data.Bars); ArrayInitialize(atr1,0);

for(int bar=1; bar<Data.Bars; bar++)
  atr1[bar]=MathMax(Data.High[bar],Data.Close[bar-1])-MathMin(Data.Low[bar],Data.Close[bar-1]);

double atr[]; MovingAverage(period,0,maMethod,atr1,atr);

The indicators values are equal:

http://s32.postimg.org/a38l9r6td/screenshot_1578.jpg

It also corresponds to the original MetaTrader's ATR indicator:

http://s32.postimg.org/qi2imbosh/screenshot_1579.jpg

I don't know, I know everything is equal etc, but custom indi shows different values between FSB and MT. I deleted the calling block, substituted it with ATR calculation block, and voila! Values match.

I think Strategy portfolio has bugs in its calculations

i opened the same strategy three times to build the portfolio  , drawdown should be three times more than the original one but it was less !!!  also the number of winning and losing trades in the portfolio should be three times the original strategy but also it was not the case ( numbers didnot changed at all!!)

Small error in displaying Next Opposite Direction Signal

Please look at the attached cut from my screen. In Strategy Properties, after Close it should be a value – it can be seen from left part of the screen that this value is 0,01. But this value is missing. Of course it is a minor bug, but as I am a proud user of FSB I want to help to erase even mosquitos.

Leon

http://s32.postimg.org/ub47yabyp/Capture.jpg

Small error in displaying Next Opposite Direction Signal

I reproduced it. Thank you!
However, I found out that this is not a bug. When you use "Close" option, FSB closes the whole position instead of the value you set (0.01). This value will be reduced from a position only if you set Reduce rule and it will be shown on the strategy properties panel.

Please report every issue, no matter how small is it. We want to maintain the best product in that field.

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Maybe Close field could be greyed out to confirm that this parameter is not used in this case? In this way understanding will be helped by information on the screen.

The value shown in this field (in my case 0,01) can today be changed, even if the parameter shows Close. But in case of Close, change of this value should be blocked.

Leon

http://s32.postimg.org/k9ohx5hht/Capture.jpg

Hello Leon,
it was exactly like that in the first version of FSB Pro, but I found very awkward to need to switch to "Reduce" in order to be able to change the value, and to return back to the previous state.

For example: The the default option for the opposite direction signal behaviour is "Nothing" and the default reduction size is 1 lot. Before running the generator you may want to set all trading sizes to, let say 0.01, but you cannot do it because the Additional number boxes are disabled. You have to change the options to Add and Reduce, to change the values, and to revert back the options to Noting.

Leaving the numeric boxes enabled is much easier.

Hello  Mr Popov,

I am using FSB for 15 days and in my opinion it is a great software. I have only one problem when using FSB to trade

using FSB MT Bridge EAs the MT4 terminal after few minutes closed by itself and when I open the terminal again it closed

again after few minutes. but if I trade by attaching the the EAs produced by FSB directly to the MT4 terminal it works

fine and the terminal never closed by itself. could you please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks

Hi all !

I have this message when I export
It also appears in the previously saved strategy
https://s21.postimg.org/y6ffcphhf/error.jpg

Are there other error messages? Please attach the strategy for inspection.

Sometimes appears when starting" out of memory"

strategy

Post's attachments

GOLD BREAKOUT M15 v2.xml 13.54 kb, 4 downloads since 2017-08-16 

I loaded your strategy and successfully exported an Expert Advisor.
You can try to rte-install the program for any case. Please archive first your strategies and data files. After uninstalling, delete the leftover folders, if any.

Please report, if you still have problems.

It looks like it works after the reinstallation
Thank you cool