Re: Operating Manual / Bug report

Gator Oscillator

I have sent several crash reports regarding this indicator in the past few weeks.

Will the error soon be fixed?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Gator Oscillator
I have sent several crash reports regarding this indicator in the past few weeks.

What kind of bugs are you experiencing? Can you reproduce them?

Popov wrote:

Gator Oscillator

What kind of bugs you experience? Can you reproduce them?

do the reports not show the error?

I will attempt to reproduce some as the day passes.

do the reports not show the error?

The report shows the point of the program where the crash was and the values of the local variables.
However, it do not show what is the reason for that values and how to reproduce it. The main problem is the asynchronous calculations and the crash report loses connection between threads.
If I know what leads to the crash, I can see the parameters in the report and eventually to find the exact problem. Without description of a user, the crash reports are almost useless.  The problems is that some bugs are results of multithread issues and the crash reports shows "impossible" values.

Lets take your case for example. The "Gator Oscillator" code is written before 6-7 years. The chances to be wrong are almost zero. But it is completely possible bug on other place to lead to a side effect and to make this indicator crashing.

So please report the crashes with description, steps, screenshots...

I had no idea you needed more

I will be glad to send a complete package when the errors appear

Thanks

The 'Maximum Consecutive losses' is not working properly

The Optimizer has three times reduced the value of net profit at the end of a run.

For example  I have one strategy that results in a total of about 1000, when the optimizer finishes it is about 2800.......... and if I run it again. it reverts to the old value, and sometimes a different value....

I have another instance this morning wherein the optimizer went silly and the profit dropped by about 30 percent at the end of the run

Unbelievable!!

The optimizer final result was to take the balance to zero....... AMAZING!

Perhaps the optimizer needs to be debugged.

This is what I started with

http://s2.postimg.org/gsgg5uwh1/Dave_M_0151.jpg

and this is the result

http://s10.postimg.org/yn2hxp6xx/Dave_M_0152.jpg

And.. it just did it again!

Hello Dave,
I have also noticed that issue before. I'll try to solve the problem in the next update.
Thank you for the report.

some indicators used by generator despite they are unchecked !!!

Post's attachments

bug.png
bug.png 7.93 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-06-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In coming weeks, Popov will be making some revisions to the program.

We have to help him.

What we have to do is to report bugs.

Reason being is that the program is becoming more and more complex and he does not have time to be doing robust tests.

That is where we can be of great assistance.

Bug reports have to be submitted a certain way....

He needs to know what was happening before the crash, he needs pictures..... he needs complete details.... all of that so he can try to isolate the problem.

No sense reporting bugs without documentation as he does not have time to investigate unless he has specifics.

Please write a description and provide pics and as much information as possible.

This is not to do with requested program modifications, those can go on the 'wish list', this is to report things that are in the program and not functioning properly.

If we can do our part and fully document all the bugs that appear.... then we will be helping the development immensely and bringing new features closer.

We need to have a separate installation of revised FSB Pro, one for the usual run and one for testing.

Maybe Mr. Popov could share a portable version which will stay live for few days or other solution

Firstly, it's the magic number issue.  When I made some changes to my EA and re-export it, sometimes the magic number change (to a new default one) and sometimes it remain the same.  Please revert back to the past, whereby no new default each time we re-export, this isn't helpful at all, it's counter productive.

In the past, if I changed the TP, SL and BE and re-export and refresh it in MT4, (while the EA is already opened in the MT4 and running but no open trades yet), the new changes in take place (if I open the EA properties to check).  But now, if I made any changes, I have to replace the old EA on the chart, it's like I have to re-install my EA again.  That's fine if only a few.  But imagine when there is a new update, it means re setting up all my hundreds of EA over again (if I add in trailing features etc) or re-key in each magic number.

Secondly, Trailing Stop Limit isn't working properly (please take a look at 337015 EA for reference).

Thirdly, sometimes when I open the FSB programme, the "save" button is not highlighted for me to save the new changes I made to my EA.  I need to close and reopen the programme for it to work properly.  This issue is random so I can't re produce it because it just happened when I open the software without me doing any thing prior to it.

Seems there are no errors being discovered recently.

Most important that Popov be made aware of any errors prior to next release.....

Please fully document any error conditions, screen shots, notes, copy of strategy, whatever will be helpful to reproduce the error so that it can be corrected.

I have several minor issue fixed in my development release. However, I'm doing a rather deep overriding of the FSB code and cannot publish a public preview yet. Be sure I'm working every day on this project.

Your issue reports are very important.

Trade Safe!

I am not sure what the rules are for bugs and if they should have extra topics or be posted only in this thread. Seems to be mixed when I look at other topics in the forum. Move it wherever you think it is correct and delete our conversations, no need to get on anyones nerves with those:)

geektrader wrote:

I am not sure what the rules are for bugs and if they should have extra topics or be posted only in this thread. Seems to be mixed when I look at other topics in the forum. Move it wherever you think it is correct and delete our conversations, no need to get on anyones nerves with those:)

As long a post contains vital info everything is good! Haven't had so much fun in this forum for a while, I'll clean this up after the dust has settled, I'm getting confused already at 4:30AM! wink

Haha yea, chatting via the Forum is kind of l33t! l37´s h4v3 s0m3 fun smile

I received error massage “Overflow Error” in two EAs. When I sorted out Indicators one by one, I found that the erroneous one was OBOS MA Oscillator. I am attaching one of the strategies to help to pinpoint the problem. I think that this indicator is one of the build in, as I could not find this one in FSB Repository.

Leon

Post's attachments

10043_00_001.xml 10.58 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-04-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Can you reproduce the bug?
Both strategy and EA works fine on my machine.

Hi Popov,

I downloaded the EA and tried to open the file via FSB and I immediately got the "Overflow Error" too.

FSB pop up a prompter for the error report to be sent.  I've attached my email and sent the error report.  Hope you check and see whether you can identify the bug via the report.

I have no errors either, interesting...

I tried several times and no errors.

This Strategy has four indicators including 2 custom ones. How you noted which of them causes the problem?
Can you leave only one indicator and reproduce the issue?

If you see the EmaPredictive has very strange periods with floating numbers. Is it possible this to be the source of the problem?

http://s17.postimg.org/7ogunamln/screenshot_1492.jpg

I should search it there. At least this bug must be fixed first.

Floating numbers in EMA are correct! I just went over EMA again and it works without flaws.

Leon, I think we have to use your dataset (or Hannah's), otherwise we cannot replicate the problem. Can either of you upload the data file?

To find which indicator could be responsible, I removed indicators in this strategy one by one. Only when OBOS MA Oscillator was left in the strategy, the problem persisted.

When this error first appeared, I had three FSB instances running in parallel on three monitors during a seven days period with many strategies loaded on each screen. I tried to load this strategy many times with same behavior (Overflow Error). Since then I restarted the FSB environment and now I cannot repeat this erroneous behavior. I did some tests, trying to set up similar working environment, but I will not get same problem anymore.

So I cannot help farther with this error problem (if it will reappear, I will of course inform forum again, this time taking immediately a snapshot of the system).

If Hannahis had similar behavior with this strategy on her system, maybe she will be able to download dataset.

Leon