Re: FST with MT 600+(2)

up

I have some problem with mentosan, even can't see the FST EA in the EA list of MT4. serfel, would you help us?
Thanks so much!

Those who are struggling with MT4 600+ there are a solution to roll back to previous version of MT4:

http://4xtrader.net/mt4-build-600-why-y … update-it/

This solution is not sustainable in the long run, suddenly the brokers may block access to the pre 600 releases of MT4.

the video is not anymore available. please help

55 (edited by Cwalsy 2014-03-13 00:55:57)

Hi guys Im new too this, just started playing around today, even after adding serfels latest files. the Expert was not showing up in mt4 610.

I Managed too find a way to make it appear and compile, and now it works perfectly

While in Metatrader 4 i clicked create new expert, and when in create i chose File open and in the roaming folder
C:\Users\Cwalsy\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\MQL4\Experts

I placed the expert File and then i placed the libs in this next one

C:\Users\Cwalsy\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\MQL4\Libraries

And then open the Expert and compile. -

Let me know if this helps. oh and this was on Windows 764bit Ult

i think on windows 7 is already working the FST with mt4 610. the problem still exists on windows 2003 and windows xp. I use 2003 on my vps server and I still cannot use FST on it.

the video is not anymore available. please help

I think it more than ironic that this video does not load anymore. I have tried several methods to revert back to Build 509. Including deleting the Webinstall Folder and all of its contents All to no avail as FXCM server immediately reverted me back to version 600. Not 604 or 610. If you want those versions you must update. In Build 600 I was able to attach ea's to charts only sometimes, and always received the red X covering the indicators chart with the before mentioned error box. I am curious though as to how Wilson78 is making out, if he has a chance to comment, or anyone else who reverted back to build 509 using system restore.

Cwalsy's method is ok, but the MT4 quit frequently. Anybady know why?
There are 3 error messages in the log file,
Exception: Error connecting to pipe! ErrorCode: 231 Command
Exception: Error reading from pipe! ErrorCode: 233 Command
Exception: Error reading from pipe! ErrorCode: 109 Command

I meet a new trouble, MT4 shut down after loaded FST EA. Both of build 509 and 610. The EA can work 1~3 hours, then MT4 stop and quit. My system is Win 8 64-bit.

mentosan wrote:

i think on windows 7 is already working the FST with mt4 610. the problem still exists on windows 2003 and windows xp. I use 2003 on my vps server and I still cannot use FST on it.

I'm wondering if Mr. serfel can help us. We are trying different methods in order to trick metatrader but the best solution is to solve the problem into the FST EA script.

Does anyone know when mr Popov will come?

mentosan wrote:

Does anyone know when mr Popov will come?

Hello Mentosan,
I just returned from my voyage.

I and Serfel already discussed our plans and will update FST / FSB Pro connection soon.

As I understood from him, the new bridge must work fine.

I'll start testing it from tomorrow.

Thanks for Popov and serfel's work.
FST/FSB Pro can work on Win7 32-bit, but not Win8 64-bit now (MT4 auto quit).

Welcome back Mr. Popov

also is not working on windows 2003 server.

New FST bridge does not work on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003. Please could you do something with it while updating it.

albb1066 wrote:

Thanks for Popov and serfel's work.
FST/FSB Pro can work on Win7 32-bit, but not Win8 64-bit now (MT4 auto quit).

"but not Win8 64-bit now (MT4 auto quit)."
I'm using Win8.1 64 and expert works fine.

"New FST bridge does not work on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003."
I'll test it.

Popov wrote:

"but not Win8 64-bit now (MT4 auto quit)."
I'm using Win8.1 64 and expert works fine.

"New FST bridge does not work on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003."
I'll test it.

I will upgrate to Win8.1 to try.
Thank you, Popov!

Regarding not working on XP, I just instaled a VM with WIn 7 inside XP and works ok. smile

Best regards and thanks to Mr. Popov for his work. smile

Regarding not working on XP, I just instaled a VM with WIn 7 inside XP and works ok.

The problem must not be in the expert or the dll code. Probably some compilation option or prerequest. I have tried to run it on Win XP VM under Win 8.1 but no success.

anyway, it is a big insurance for us that you are taking care about the problem Mr. Popov. smile

Metaquotes are preparing new update. They testing build 617 now. We'll see if they fix something.

I think to make a separate notification service for the MT4 bridge. It will check the current versions of the dll end the expert and will report if  updates are available.

We can also make a separate forum part for the MT4 bridge wher eto discuss the recent development and to provide download links.

What is the limit for multi trade?

Welcome back Mr Popov! Great hearing you are back and that you and Serfel will be working out the bugs. Thanks for all you do!!

Serfel just sent me a Library dll for Windows XP. Please test it.

Also expert supports LTF indicators in FSB Pro.

Post's attachments

MQL4.zip 45.92 kb, 19 downloads since 2014-03-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I tested the above dll and expert on two different XP virtual machines. In both of them MT4 gives error 126 - Cannot find the exert.

Any ideas?

It works on Windows 7 and Win 8.1 fine.