forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Spread

Is there a way to change the spread, it is set at 10, I would like to reduce that.

I have looked at every thing I can think of and can not see how to change it.

Thanks

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Spread

You can do it in the Data Export script.

Open the script in the editor and set the Maximum data bars limit, the spread and the commission.

http://s23.postimg.org/b27wcpy57/screenshot_2017_02_03_at_13_10_47.png

3 (edited by Blaiserboy 2017-02-03 14:04:09)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I did not think to look there.

I did change the bars

Thank you!

(I have been in the habit of being at my computer 18/7 in order to process strategies, repeatedly testing and testing and failing at Multi Markets......, my whole day every day has been consumed by sitting here.

Right now, a shower and I am gone for the morning, come back after lunch and check the thing, maybe restart it.... and gone again. lol like a holiday!

I have spent so much time working with strategies to get them past Multi Markets and now this program does it all, I am unemployed hahaha)

Blaiserboy wrote:

I did change the bars

Thank you!

(I have been in the habit of being at my computer 18/7 in order to process strategies, repeatedly testing and testing and failing at Multi Markets......, my whole day every day has been consumed by sitting here.

Right now, a shower and I am gone for the morning, come back after lunch and check the thing, maybe restart it.... and gone again. lol like a holiday!

I have spent so much time working with strategies to get them past Multi Markets and now this program does it all, I am unemployed hahaha)

You should change your title to Part-time Space Cadet from now on smile

footon wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

I did change the bars

Thank you!

You should change your title to Part-time Space Cadet from now on smile

Done!!!

Hello,
I am a bit of a newbie using ExpertAdvisorStudio and I would also like to change the spread from 10 to the current spread of my broker. I want to see my spread factored into EAS's online-backtests. I have changed, and saved the script shown above, but (and now I hope to provide you with a good laugh-) of course my editing something on my computer is not going to change your online-EAS, right?
What did I miss?
Thank You!
-m

Hello, Michael!

No, your editing involves only your dataset smile

What exactly are you having trouble with? Did you drop the edited script on the MT chart, then fetched those generated data files from Files category and uploaded to Studio? If so, you should see the spread value of your choice in Studio.

Thanks for your reply!

Ok, I think I get it....I knew it had to make it back to EAStudio somehow.

It would be great if I could change the spread that goes into the "Reactor" to accurately reflect results I would have had in the backtests of those generated EAs.

But, I will try exactly what you recommended, for the EAs I have found and I like. It will just take some extra time. 
Thank you very much!

-m
-

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply