Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Urgently needed, simple code, to fix it, automatically save and load collection data, base this on time period and name of the currency pair.

It's importnant that it loads and saves automatically

This has been mentioned a couple times, the developer has it on his to do list and will implement it as he gets time.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Is the source code available on github ? I can help out with that if he needs it?

I know the old version is, is the new one ?

a0011010011 wrote:

Is the source code available on github ? I can help out with that if he needs it?

I know the old version is, is the new one ?

I am pretty sure that this version is private and not  open source. However, you could send an email to Popov and ask.

It was already mentioned but I will repeat it again, because it so needed futures for me, and I bet that others are waiting too for these too smile

1. Auto save collections after finding something. Or crash recovery. 2/3 times after longer generating period I find FSB crashed. And all nights works is gone. Using only 2 cores of 4, and RAM is enough too.
http://s33.postimg.org/udgsg9ex7/crashed_again.jpg

2. Walk Forward Analysis (WFA). It takes about 1-2 hours to run it manually one time. It sums up very big then needed to do with few strategies and few pairs/timeframes. Few pics below what I do with excel.

http://s33.postimg.org/v2sbhplfv/wfa_1.jpg
http://s33.postimg.org/qi652s1qj/wfa_2.jpg

3. MT4 log with your trades execution speed, spread and slippage. It will tremendously help to separate quickly "the good, the bad and the ugly" brokers. In time and lots of entries bigger slippage/spread/slow execution adds up big.

Have a nice day

Irmantas wrote:

It was already mentioned but I will repeat it again, because it so needed futures for me, and I bet that others are waiting too for these too smile

1. Auto save collections after finding something. Or crash recovery. 2/3 times after longer generating period I find FSB crashed. And all nights works is gone. Using only 2 cores of 4, and RAM is enough too.
http://s33.postimg.org/udgsg9ex7/crashed_again.jpg

2. Walk Forward Analysis (WFA). It takes about 1-2 hours to run it manually one time. It sums up very big then needed to do with few strategies and few pairs/timeframes. Few pics below what I do with excel.

http://s33.postimg.org/v2sbhplfv/wfa_1.jpg
http://s33.postimg.org/qi652s1qj/wfa_2.jpg

3. MT4 log with your trades execution speed, spread and slippage. It will tremendously help to separate quickly "the good, the bad and the ugly" brokers. In time and lots of entries bigger slippage/spread/slow execution adds up big.

Have a nice day

Please read this thread from start to finish and you will see that these are already on the list as well as many others... in fact there is not much that has not already been requested a few times.

Popov has a detailed list of modifications that he is working through and all items in this thread and the old thread are considered and sequenced.

Walk Forward you can easily do by shifting the dates in the Market section of FSBPro. You will probably find that much faster than Excel as it is instant.

You may find as time passes, that relying on MT4 and comparing to FSBPro is counterproductive,

I want that all OOS windows to be added to one chart and statistics shown from these results, and make decisions from that info. So excel is a must to add all results, simple walking with data in time horizon is not enough to see max DD or profit factor or profit loss chart ..

My 3rd suggestions was not asked in early pages (was it?) smile So adding this suggestion to wishlist I asked again for most important futures for me too, even I saw them asked multiple times. Ok, sorry if asked what was asked, and interrupted silence smile

Well if i get very different results, like I got 2 times before in first few weeks while working with fsb, straight equity line UP in FSB and straight line down in mt4 (one time fsb bug, next time pivot points weekend data made miracle winnings), I must to get suspicious and  "that relying on MT4 and comparing to FSBPro is counterproductive" is clearly not for me at this learning point.

333 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2016-06-10 02:23:44)

Any plans to increase the capacity of indicators to have more than 5 list parameters and 6 numerical parameters !!!!

Note: One of the unique characters of FSB '' In my opinion the no1 character that separate it from other softwares is the combination approach '' and to have the full of this strong criteria is to have more and more list parameters and numerical parameters

In my opinion the no1 character that separate it from other softwares is the combination approach '

This is true. And our idea is to have simple indicators and to combine them in a strategy. This probbaly answers to your question.
Instead of one complex indicator with more than 10 parameters, it is better to have 2-3 separate indicators that will provide faster work and various combinations.

One example:
The Alligator indicator has 9 parameters + 5 advanced and 12 logical rules. It can be fully substitute by the Moving Average Crossover indicator that have only 4 logical rules.

Popov wrote:

In my opinion the no1 character that separate it from other softwares is the combination approach '

This is true. And our idea is to have simple indicators and to combine them in a strategy. This probbaly answers to your question.
Instead of one complex indicator with more than 10 parameters, it is better to have 2-3 separate indicators that will provide faster work and various combinations.

One example:
The Alligator indicator has 9 parameters + 5 advanced and 12 logical rules. It can be fully substitute by the Moving Average Crossover indicator that have only 4 logical rules.

you are right in one side but missed another part which is the "forced combinations"  opening two instances of an indicator will find the highest performing random compination but what if we need to direct the software to search in a specific aria

let me give you an example http://forexsb.com/forum/post/36219/#p36219 with simple one line indicator:

breaking the rsi conditions into three groups will consume all available parameters , so what about other indicators that have two or three lines !!!!

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

let me give you an example http://forexsb.com/forum/post/36219/#p36219 with simple one line indicator:

breaking the rsi conditions into three groups will consume all available parameters , so what about other indicators that have two or three lines !!!!

Combine the logic into one instance.

footon wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

elaborate more plz  i didnot get it

338 (edited by footon 2016-06-17 20:58:20)

ahmedalhoseny wrote:
footon wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

elaborate more plz  i didnot get it

/// My mistake

ab wrote:

I would like to see the generator and optimizer processes support multiple processor cores on a single machine (although the ability to distribute workload across multiple machines would be awesome).

My thinking is that a multi-threaded generator would be able to run the same type of process as now, but across all (or a set number of) cores, or be able to run a single core generator process but use the remaining cores for peripheral generator tasks (such as searching for the best SL, TP, BE, position size, etc).

There's a "number of threads" generator setting which will allow you to tune the utilization across cores to some extent. 
https://gyazo.com/1fdfadc447d7d2e74d338a012c314986

Beyond that you might try playing around with the process priority settings and potentially a second instance at a different priority.

In win 10 (they tend to move it around under different versions of windows) under task manager details you can find the process, right click it and modify the priority, you can also modify the processor affinity there if you want to only utilize specific cores etc. 
https://gyazo.com/44a51b7b3108d164f67a8666e6d192c5

How about a simple command line version of the multitester for collections that we could call from a batch file or powershell?  It would need to have command line switches for the overrides and the optimize options.

Come to think of it a command line generator would be pretty sweet too where you could specify the base template, pair, timeframe, datasource, and output collection, and timeout and then let it rip and come back a couple weeks later smile.

geektrader wrote:

Hi Mr. Popov,

5) Please remove the "Working time in minutes" for the generator (or make it accept a 0 = "until manually stopped") since I plan to run FSB Pro on a server and the generating process can last for months. It would be a pity if I must restart each instance all ~9 days because of that limitation.

Thanks so much for your great work at your masterpiece that you are following SO many years already. Big thanks and respect again!

This extended time requirement may indicate that you are wanting a strategy that has so many indicators that it will not survive., ie over optimized.

The 10,000 minute thing is a ton of iterations for a simple strategy, even for my old computer.

Not sure if this has been stated though it needs an option to set the starting lot size inside the EA properties in metatrader so you don't have to edit the code..

starting lot size inside the EA properties in metatrader so you don't have to edit the code..

The EA lot sizes comes from the strategy's lot size. You can set it in FSB before the export.

344 (edited by yonkuro 2016-06-27 09:35:14)

May I know your plan for the next FSB Pro release? any estimated release date or month?

do or do not there is no try

I wish an option in the FSB an ID, the "magic number" for the EA to integrate.

Best regards

to increase the size of list parameter box
when building customized indicators (the small box size make it hard to read the whole name

Post's attachments

size.png
size.png 8.39 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In position protection section it uses pips as stop or take profit  could that approach expand to be used with other indicators like day close , Average true range & close&reverse !!!!!

Is it possible to add in Multi markets option to add all currencies which we have in our list in one click or selecting in a check list needed ones and add all selected at once. (added ones in Control Panel / Symbols). Adding each symbol one by one in Multi markets check is very difficult. Actually i always want to check my strategies in multi markets but this problem prevents me always. If such i function can be added would be perfect.

santaferes wrote:

Is it possible to add in Multi markets option to add all currencies which we have in our list in one click or selecting in a check list needed ones and add all selected at once. (added ones in Control Panel / Symbols). Adding each symbol one by one in Multi markets check is very difficult. Actually i always want to check my strategies in multi markets but this problem prevents me always. If such i function can be added would be perfect.

I use this tool a lot....., and I have a set number of slots open for testing that I have not changed for a long time. I am wondering why you would need to be changing the slots.

A tool that visualizes the performance of an EA at specific hours of the day / days of the week / months of the year would be immensly valueable. So for example how an EA does on mondays. Or in junes etc. Or custom periods. I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, though. So yeah, that would be great!